3 Job positions at RWANDA TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT AGENCY : Feeder Road Specialist (Under Contract) ( Deadline :04 September 2018 )
Overall Function of the Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager of Feeder Roads Development Project and acting as the direct counterpart to the Technical Assistant/Senior Feeder Road Engineer to RFRDP, the SPIU Feeder Roads Specialists will provide technical and management expertise for the FRDP, in coordination, harmonization and centralization of construction and maintenance works and technically oversee activities implemented in the Districts. This is a full
– time position based in Kigali, Rwanda with frequent oversight field trips to the districts.
Specifically the Feeder Road Engineer will:
• Assist in preparing and implementation of feeder road strategy and action plans;
• Liaise with the Districts to define broad priorities in the preservation and improvement of the District feeder road network;
• Assist in preparing Feeder Roads Master Plan and District Feeder Roads Operational Plans;
• Assist in the procurement of consultants and contractors, and supervising district feeder roads when requested by the districts;
• Provide technical support to Districts in monitoring feeder roads designs, rehabilitation and maintenance;
• In coordination with the RTDA environmental and social safeguards team, ensure that environmental and social management plans, resettlement action plans are implemented properly.
• Facilitate and coordinate the capacity building of Districts in feeder roads management; planning, rehabilitation and maintenance
• Participate in preparation of District Feeder Roads Master Plan;
• Assist the district in preparing terms of reference for the feasibility and design studies for feeder road construction;
• Technical support to the district in the procurement of consultants and contractors for feeder roads works;
• Monitor feeder roads activities (designs, rehabilitation and maintenance programs, etc…) at national level;
• In coordination with the RTDA environmental and social safeguards team, ensure that environmental and social management plans, resettlement action plans are implemented properly and on time;
• Check and provide technical advice in regards to the review of contractors and consultants deliverables, and all other submissions
• Review and approve Interim Payment Certificates and consultant invoices submitted by the districts to RTDA for payment, and keep updated database of payments done as well as projections/cash flows up to the end of the project;
• Provide technical support in the preparation of bidding documents for feeder roads projects;
• Keep and update project management dashboard at the level of district;
• Prepare periodic reports and work plan as required;
• Set up District project implementation data base;
• Performing any other activities in line with his duties requested by RTDA Management.
4. Qualifications and Experience Requirement
The candidate should fulfill the following requirements;
• Education and experience: Master’s degree in construction Management, Civil Engineering, Road Engineering and Construction, Civil Infrastructure Engineering, with one (1) year of working experience in engineering related field or Ao in Civil Engineering, Road construction with at least three (3) years working experience in engineering related field..
• Communication skills: Have very good communication skills (written and oral) in English. Good knowledge of French will be an advantage;
• Management skills: have well developed planning and organization skills and good ability in working productively in a team environment of diverse backgrounds;
• Other skills: (i) Have a good computer skills (Word, Excel; Access, MS Project and AutoCAD), (ii) demonstrate a good reporting skills, (iii) have a good skills in computer software used for project management and to design and manage roads and (iv) be in good health and have the ability to make frequent trips across the country Rwanda.
• Be registered in the Institution of Engineers Rwanda.