3 JOB POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT : ( Deadline : 20 December 2018)
JOB AT MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT : MONITORING &EVALUATION SPECIALIST : ( Deadline : 20 December 2018)
Lead the establishment of an M&E system for the Ministry.
• Facilitate the development of the performance indicators to help the measurement of result.
• Facilitate data collection of the implementation the ministry programs.
• Develop and implement the monitoring and evaluation plan for the sector of sport and culture
• Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports on strategic plan and policy implementation
• Monitor implementation of all ministry programs Analyze and Consolidate the reports of Ministry programs
• Maintain database of Natural Resources programs.
• Follow up on the implementation and reporting on various resolutions from within and outside of the Ministry.
• Follow up on implementation and reporting on resolutions and decisions formulated during top leaders ‘meetings, retreats and Fora in relation to the Ministry;
A0 in Management, Economics, Development Studies, Project Management, Business Administration, Strategy Management with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Management, Economics, Development Studies, Project Management, Business Administration, Startegy Management
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan Public Service and Labor sector;
– Excellent leadership skills;
– Coordination, Planning & Organizational Skills;
– Creative, proactive, customer focussed, solutions led and outcome driven
– Interpersonal Skills
– Effective communication skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– Decesion making Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Judgment & Decision making skills;
– High Analytical & Complex Proble solving Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an
JOB AT MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT : LAND LITIGATION SPECIALIST : ( Deadline : 20 December 2018)
• Manage and resolve all contentious cases related to land received by the Ministry by giving a proper recommendation on how to address them
• Manage the proper receiving, recording, documentation, and dissemination of all land agreements and land contracts.
• Elaborate planning mechanisms to follow up all public claims on land and to give regular updates to the Ministry Authorities on public requests related to land received
• Link up with other relevant institutions to regularly follow up all claims made from various forums such as High Level meetings, Presidential outreach to population, Senior Leaders Retreat, etc
• To participate in the preparation of judicial cases involving the Ministry
• Performing any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor
A0 in Environmental Sciences, Land Management, Land Law, Rural Engineering, Geography, Physical Planning, Land Administration, Land Surveying, Geomatics Engineering with 3 years of working experience; Or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Environmental Sciences, Land Management, Land Law, Rural Engineering, Geography, Physical Planning, Land Administration, land surveying, Geomatics Engineering
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
1. Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan Natural Resources Management
2. Good knowledge of Land use and management;
3. Knowledge of the Natural Resources sector policies and issues;
4. High analytical skills;
5. Report writing and presentation skills;
6. Computer Literate;
7. Coordination, planning and organizational skills;
8. Interpersonal skills;
9. Collaboration and team working skills;
10. Effective communication skills;
11. Time management skills;
12. Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
JOB AT MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT : WATER RESOURCES REGULATION & COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST : ( Deadline : 20 December 2018)
• Operate, maintain and develop water quantity monitoring network
• Periodically review and initiate improvements to the policy, legal and institutional framework for water quality management in Rwanda.
• Develop, review and update water quality management plans including interventions for national disasters and emergencies.
• Design, review and operate national networks for ambient and operational water quality monitoring including compliance monitoring of effluent discharges.
• Provide technical support and participate in water regulation activities.
• Provide support for water treatment especially in small towns, rural growth centers and institutions that are not under NWSC (National Water Steering Committee).
• Introduce and oversee application of various tools for water quality management such as economic instruments, setting water quality objectives for water bodies and biological monitoring.
• Operate a national reference laboratory for water quality analysis.
• Establish and operate regional water testing laboratories.
• Monitor, quality
– assure and regulate operations of all water testing laboratories in the country by instituting common analytical protocols and carrying out technical audits.
• Establish and operate a national database for water quality data.
• Package and disseminate information on water quality to all stakeholders.
• Participate in the building capacity and support catchment offices, districts, civil society organizations and local communities in catchment
– based water quality management.
• Carry out research in water quality and innovations for low
– cost water treatment.
A0 in Water Resources Management, Hydrology, Water Engineering, Environment or Natural Resources with 3 years of working experience; Or Master’s Degree in Water Resources management, Hydrology, Water Engineering, Environment or Natural Resources
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
1. Extensive knowledge in water resources planning and management;
2. Knowledge in water laws, water institutions
3. Deep knowledge of water resources policies, laws and regulations;
4. Comprehensive knowledge on Integrated Water Resources Management approach
5. Knowledge of water resources monitoring framework. Strong Leadership skills;
6. Excellent organizational skills;
7. Ability to coordinate, organize and anticipate details for special programs and events;
8. Ability to coordinate and handle multiple priorities, to juggle multiple/ conflicting priorities and set priorities;
9. Time management skills;
10. Ability to work as a team coordinator and ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision;
11. Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.