30 Job Positions at Society for Family Health (SFH) : Data Collectors (Deadline: 25th April 2018)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a non-profit organization in Rwanda. It is the largest social marketing organization in Rwanda, with five regional offices across the country. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, SFH provides life-saving products, clinical services and social and behavior change communications(SBCC) that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. SFH’s core values include a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the national and district level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. SFH implements diverse public health interventions in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, malaria, and maternal and child health including nutrition. SFH’s activities ranges from product sales and distribution to social and behavior change communication, advocacy, reproductive health research, and community mobilization. SFH’s donor platform is USAID, Global Fund, DOD, SC Johnson and other numerous donors.
Our Vision is to be the outstanding Rwandan leader in social marketing solutions and innovations to achieve sustainable health impact while our mission is to use evidence based social marketing to empower Rwandans to choose healthier lives.
As part of its activities, SFH Rwanda conducts research and evaluation activities with the aim to generate evidence that informs its core interventions. It is in this regard that Society for Family Health – Rwanda (SFH – Rwanda) seeks to hire qualified, committed and experienced Rwanda nationals to act as data collectors and data entry clerks every time SFH Rwanda is conducting research studies, surveys, evaluations.
Key qualifications and competencies:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in population studies, statistics, social sciences, Nursing, Public Health or any other related field,
- Experience in data collection in districts and nationwide surveys (such as EICV, DHS, MAP, TRaC studies and similar surveys)
- Experience in qualitative (interviewing, transcription), quantitative data collection as well as data entry;
- Experience in using digital devices for data collection, PDAs/Android Tablets;
- Demonstrated computer skills, use of MS Office – word, excel;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience,
- Strong communication (written and spoken) skills in Kinyarwanda (MUST) and English as well as interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in rural areas and on weekends, if required
Required Skills & behavior
- The candidate must be honest, encourages openness and transparency
- The candidate must hold him/herself accountable for decision making, using efficiently the resources availed to him/her,
- S/he should exhibit skills of holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners as well as supporters
- Must value diversity
- Must be a good listener
The application file should be composed of the following:
- Application letter addressed to the Executive Director of SFH Rwanda;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Degree(s);
- Work certificates or other supporting documents proving your experience in data collection in Research & surveys.
- Copy of a medical insurance card to carry while going to field
Note: Applications not fulfilling the above requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All interested applicants who fulfil the required qualifications are advised to submit their application files by email ONLY to [email protected] by Wednesday 25th April 2018 at 4:00pm Kigali, Rwanda time.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals.
*If you have been contracted by SFH as a data collector before, please do not apply you are already in our data base.