32 JOB POSITIONS AT SUPREME COURT : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
4 JOB POSITIONS AT SUPREME COURT : LAW REPORTERS : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
The Judiciary produces and publishes regular Rwanda Law Reports (RLR), which contain judicial opinions from selected case laws as decided by higher instance courts. The individual consultant will take the lead in drafting law reports as well as proposing and designing the case citation format and publish these law reports as per agreement with the Judiciary.
1. Analyze closed cases and identify reportable cases against set criteria;
2. Preparation of law reports;
3. Publish the law reports;
4. The Consultant shall prepare and publish at least eight (8) law reports per month.
• A Master’s Degree in Law or its equivalent from a recognized institution or a Bachelors’ Degree with at least four (4) years of experience in a legal related area
• Be a legal practitioner at least at the level of (or) equivalent to a practicing Advocate,
• Have an academic or research background;
• Have demonstrated competence and ability in editing and analysing legal issues;
• Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
• Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda and either English or French
6 JOB POSITIONS AT SUPREME COURT : LEGAL TRANSLATOR / INTERPRETER : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
The translators/Interpreters will be responsible for translating case Law reports and other relevant legal documents from Kinyarwanda to English / French ensuring:
1. Complete content accuracy: This entails accurate translation of content, facts and figures, footnotes and endnotes and all relevant legal terminology and no omissions from the source documents.
2. Grammar and style: Translated documents must be written in excellent English/French language, expression and grammar.
1. The translators/Interpreters must proofread and edit a minimum of eight (8) Law reports per month and ensure that there are no Typographical errors, complete content accuracy and correct grammar and style as mentioned above.
2. The translators/Interpreters shall put much emphasis on the selected Law reports to ensure utmost suitability for publication both in hard copies and online for public use.
3. The translators/Interpreters simultaneous shall do Legal Interpretations in court room or conferences from English to Kinyarwanda or French to Kinyarwanda and vice versa whenever it is deemed necessary by courts.
• A Master’s Degree in Law from a reputable institution
• Proof of having studied English and Kinyarwanda Languages at higher/professional levels.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Legal Practice and research
• Bachelors’ Degree in law with minimum of 6 years proven experience in translation of Legal documents from Kinyarwanda to English and French for law firms and/research institutions or other users of Legal documents.
• A demonstrated experience in drafting of case law reports and other legal documents.
• A demonstrated experience in simultaneous Legal Interpretations in court room or conferences from English to Kinyarwanda or French to Kinyarwanda and vice versa
15 JOB POSITIONS AT SUPREME COURT : LOCAL LEGAL RESEARCHERS OF THE JUDICIARY : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
The Legal Researcher will assist Judicial officers in conducting legal research and other related tasks, as listed within the specific tasks in the section below.
? Conduct legal research;
? Prepare memoranda such as bench memos to be used by judges during oral arguments;
? Prepare draft orders and opinions;
? Proofread the judges’ orders and opinions
? Verify citations used in judgement writing
? Verifying that pleadings and other documents submitted to the court comply with legal requirements and court rules
•Masters’ Degree in Law from a reputable institution
•Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a reputable institution with a working experience of minimum 3 years in Legal Practice and research
•ICT Literacy in MS word, Excel, Power point
•Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
ACCOUNTANT AT SUPREME COURT : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
In general, the tasks to be undertaken by the Accountant should cover the complete payment cycle applicable to the IFMIS system. • Record bank operations and establish a monthly balance ;
• Proper recording of financial operations in the General Ledger ;
• Prepare a monthly bank reconciliation statement ;
• Keep records of revenue and expenditures of the Institution ;
• Participate in the budgeting process and Keep all accounting documents ;
• Prepare and consolidate periodic financial reports in accordance with the financial regulations ;
• Prepare monthly accounting management information for use in budgetary control measures ;
• Carry out data entry exercise in the budget master and prepare cash flow plans under the supervision of the Direct of Finance ;
• Prepare and Pay invoices of different suppliers;
• Prepare and pay salaries of SPIU consultants and contractual personnel ;
• Prepare and Pay mission allowance of SPIU Personnel;
• Pay periderm allowances for SPIU personnel and NPPA GFTU staff;
• Prepare Monthly, Quarterly, semester or Annual financial Reports to MINECOFIN and Donors;
• Facilitate the project audit activities;
• Declare different taxes to RRA (TVA, TPR, Withholding taxes );
• Declare RAMA and CSR to RSSB;
• Prepare budget and Monitor budget execution
• Prepare cash flow and Monitor the execution of cash flow
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the SPIU Coordinator of Supreme Court
•A bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management with specialization in Finance/Accounting plus Level II Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC
•Qualified CPA, ACCA or equivalent is an added advantage
•At least 2 years of experience in accounting in an Institution of the Government of Rwanda ;
•Strong skills in financial software (SMART IFMS)
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST AT SUPREME COURT : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
In general, the tasks to be undertaken by the Procurement specialist should cover the complete procurement cycle applicable to the online procurement methods. SPECIFIC TASKS:
a. Prepare and publish procurement notices
b. Provide quality assurance (reviewing) and support in the preparation of bidding documents, Requests for Proposals, consultancy shortlists, and other documents with specific emphasis on ensuring they are comprehensive, generic and minimizing risks of misinterpretation at the evaluation stage.
c. Provide support where needed during the evaluation of received proposals
d. Provide support as needed in technical and financial evaluation of bids and the preparation of bid evaluation reports;
e. Prepare contracts, general contract administration and monitoring. DELIVERABLES:
a. An updated project procurement plan maintained as per management guidelines
b. Produce monthly reports detailing activities undertaken in managing the full procurement process lifecycle including preparation and management of terms of reference, Requests for Expression of Interest, bid opening minutes, bid evaluation reports
c. Conduct and report on undertaken site visits when and where necessary
d. Participate in contract negotiations, drafting and administration;
e. Facilitate the procurement audit activities.
Hold Bachelors’ Degree in procurement or any other related field. A diploma in public procurement or supply management will be an added advantage.
Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French
a. At least 3 years of experience in a procurement field in a reputable high performance public sector organization covering high
– level complex procurement management functions
b. Demonstrate extensive, practical experience and skills in all aspects of international procurement of goods, works and consulting services and administration in International Development Partners projects with due regard to procurement regulations;
c. Specific experience in working with the Government of Rwanda Procuring entities and applying the Government of Rwanda Procurement rules and Procedures
d. Computer literate. Good knowledge of MS Office application
TRAINING SPECIALIST AT SUPREME COURT : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
1. Manage the entire continuing legal education program
• Work with the Justice Sector and other partners’ institutions on all issues related to training needs.
• Negotiate and draft the agreements (MoU) with the Institute stakeholders (Partners) in relation to training and research.
• Develop a training calendar for short courses
• Monitor the implementation of training calendar
• Manage all contracts of consultants involved in trainings
• In collaboration with the finance unit, deal with the preparation of the budget for all trainings to be organized
2. Manage consultancy assignments in relevant areas of expertise and experience
• Write or assist in writing grant and program funding proposals
• Prepare consultancy proposals for bidding
A Master’s Degree in Law from a reputable Institution with Minimum of 3 years of working experience in the field or related area or providing legal support in judicial or in Bar Association matters ; or
A Bachelors’ Degree in Law with at least 5 working years of experience in Judiciary or in Bar Association in a relevant related field.
•Experience in providing professional training and Development
•ICT Literacy in MS word, Excel and Power point
•Fluent in English and French
Budget Officer AT SUPREME COURT : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
– To prepare cash flow provisions for various courts
– To update credits allocated, budgetary commitments, payment orders, centralise and file all accounting records required during the commitment;
– To participate in the designing and preparation of the budget;
– To monitor the execution of the budget in respect to the provisions of the law on finance;
– To establish purchase orders and notes to the payer;
– To update budgetary registration forms;
– To update the situation of credits allocated, budgetary commitments, and budgetary payment orders;
– To produce relevant periodically budget execution reports;
– To deposit allocated funds on their respective courts’ accounts;
A0 in Accounting, Finance or Management specialized in Finance / Accounting or Professional Qualification recognised by IFAC (ACCA, CPA etc)
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
– Knowledge of Cost analysis Techniques,
– Capacity to analyze Complex Financial Information & Produce repots,
– Deep understanding of Financial Accounts,
– Planning and Budgeting Skills,
– Communication Skills,
– Strong IT Skills, Particularly in Financial Software ( SMART IFMIS and Internet Banking ),
– High Analytical Skills,
– Interpersonal Skills,
– Time Management Skills,
– Complex Problem Solving,
– Flexibility Skills,
– Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and / or French; knowledge of all is an Advantage.
2 JOB POSITIONS AT SUPREME COURT : Administrative assistant Multiple (Rusizi and Ngoma) : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
To receive and dispatch mail, prepare and write draft letters and other correspondences ;
– To file the mail of the boss’s office ;
– To receive request for appointments with the President of the Court and establish their calendar;
– To keep the diary of The President of the Court;
– To prepare meetings chaired by the The President of the Court and ensure their efficient organization
Advanced Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Management, Sociology, Social Work, Law
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Office Management Skills;
– Excellent Communication, Organizational, Interpersonal Skills;
– Computer knowledge (Work Processing, Power Point and Internet)
– Analytical and problem solving skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is
TECHNICAL ADVISOR OF THE PROJECT AT SUPREME COURT : ( Deadline : 07 January 2020 )
1. Develop a full scale project plan and define detailed project tasks and resource requirements;
2. Facilitate planning and scheduling of project activities;
3. Ascertain Quality assurance for IT equipment to be purchased by the project;
4. Constantly monitor and report on progress, problems and solutions of the project to SPIU Coordinator;
5. Develop technical input and specifications for ICT project infrastructure requirements, including hardware and software components;
6. Develop key performance indicators of project performance, clearly define measurable indicators, outputs, outcomes and impact;
7. Monitor and evaluate achievements of judiciary’s goals and targets as set in the project proposal and project arrangements;
8. Report on M&E findings and best practices;
9. Facilitate evidence based planning , learning and informed decision making
10. Provide recommendations for improving implementation performance and design policies, plans and projects
11. Prepare periodic and or ad hoc reports on matters related to the monitoring and evaluation of project performance
12. Perform related work as may be required
1. Detailed Project Action Plan / Work breakdown structure that is updated on a monthly basis
2. Prepare semester reports on project progress to be submitted to the Donors
3. Project tender Terms of References and Scope of works drafted and finalized with approval of relevant Judiciary officials as per the detailed project action plan
4. Quality assurance and review of project deliverables
5. Project activity background surveys, briefings and advisory memos produced and brought to the attention of relevant members of the management team according to action plan.
6. Technical supervision for contracts involving ICT Equipment.
7. Monthly project activity reports emailed to management every end of month.
8. Compile information on the progress of project works
9. The Technical Advisor will directly work with the Coordinator of the SPIU and the Judiciary IT Committee by providing technical advice on all the project components where IT interfacing is required.
10. Prepare monitoring reports\
A Master’s Degree in ICT or other relevant field with legal knowledge and project management skills or Master’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation of projects with an experience of 5 years.
a. Five years minimum (5+) of experience in planning and conducting ICT projects, formulation of papers, participation in project management and reporting.
b. Having conducted projects in the Justice sector will be an added advantage
c. Excellent command in English is required.