4 JOB POSITIONS AT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND ANIMAL RESOURCES : ( Deadline 14 December 2018)
JOB AT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND ANIMAL RESOURCES : Agriculture Information and Communication Program Manager : ( Deadline 14 December 2018)
Under the direct supervision of the SPIU Coordinator, the Agriculture Information and Communication Program Manager is in charge of the overall management of Agriculture Information and Communication Program activities in the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, its Projects and Agencies for coordination purpose. Specifically the Agriculture Information and Communication Program Manager will:
– Put in place ways to ensure that the Program objectives and activities are timely and progressively achieved,
– Act as chief sector communications advisor,
– Create and re
– brand the sector image with the objective of making attractive and business oriented.
– Coordinatethe agriculture sectoractivities,
– Coordinate institutional processes that support the effective telling of Rwanda’s Agricultural sector through coordinated communications by preparingcore messages, responses to media, speech, pressmaterial, editorial and media briefs,
– Manage development and implementation of MINAGRIs communication activities,
– Create written and multi
– media content that is effective and impactful and supports the Ministry’s goals.
– Responsible for creating the Ministry’s marketing and promotional collateral; print, audio
– visual, website and online
– Ensure institutional reporting that provides a clear and thorough understanding of communications outputs and impact.
– Manage special events such as sponsorship of events, introducing new products, or other activities the institution supports in order to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and media representatives.
– Ensure the creation and timely distribution of accurate and up to date information about Rwanda ’s development t across the agricultural sectors. Work closely with planning unit and other related departments, and update media at least quarterly on key agricultural statistics
– Avail media training for top officials and transfer skills to current communications staff at MINAGRI
– Manage all websites, online and social media for MINAGRI
– Organize press conferences and field visits for media.
– Be responsible for sourcing and managing contracts for vendors that support communications work.
– Be responsible for mobilizing adequate resources for the implementation of policies and strategies in the area of agriculture information and Communication and ensure the proper use of them.
– Ensure the development of agriculture extension materials system in MINAGRI.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of the sector’s communication activities
– Ensure feedback of stakeholders in the communication area is obtained and processed.
– Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communication, International Relations, Marketing, Linguistics and Literature, agriculture extension with practical experience of at least 5 years of working experience in a reputable institution in the area of communication or a Master’s Degree in those fields with practical experience of at least 2 years of working experience in a reputable institution in the area of communication.
– Experience in developing and implementing communications programmes
– Experience in producing credible communications content for different target groups and communications channels
– Experience in developing, managing marketing and promotional collateral
– Experience in organizing press events and managing media,
– Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver on several communications initiatives.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required;
– Have a highly developed understanding of the management of the implementation of the different communication activities.
– Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
– Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
– Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
– Ability to communicate both orally and through the written expression effectively in English and Kinyarwanda, Knowledge of French and Kiswahili is an additional advantage
– Ability to work in a multicultural environment
– Must be highly creative and have initiative
– Must have the ability to deliver under pressure
– Be a Rwandan by nationality.
– Highly competent, mature and experienced individual with self
– drive and integrity;
– Decisive, practical and results oriented;
– Effective planning, organizational ability and initiative;
– Analytical skills;
JOB AT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND ANIMAL RESOURCES :Driver : ( Deadline 14 December 2018)
• Ensure that the project vehicle is operating properly each day by testing brakes, tires and other components.
• To keep safely all the documents and other essential tools of the vehicle
• Respect of rules and regulations governing the public vehicles;
• Fill on daily basis the log book
• Provide on a regular basis the report on the use and status of the vehicle
• Provide a report on the use of the car when necessary
Having a driving license Category B, A2 level certificate, and experience of 3 years in driving
• Good reporting skills.
• Knowledge of written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English or French
• Work well under pressure
JOB AT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND ANIMAL RESOURCES : Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist : ( Deadline 14 December 2018)
•Design and implement Monitoring and Evaluation framework / strategy / system of PSTA4 to assess timely and quality implementation of activities to achieve results (outputs, outcomes and impacts), including work plan, targets and indicators;
•Facilitate the establishment of data collection procedures and database;
•Support monitoring all project activities and progress towards achieving PSTA4 goals;
•Work closely with the Directorate of Planning to coordinate the Agriculture Sector Working activities in the Ministry;
•Contribute to annual reviews and special studies;
•Report monthly, quarterly, half
– yearly and annual progress on all activities to the SPIU Coordinator;
•Provide analysis upon demand of the data sets compiled in order to serve the requirement of PSTA 4 implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation as well as other agricultural and rural development strategies in Rwanda;
•Provide reports as requested on specific topics pertinent to agriculture and rural development policy issues in Rwanda;
•Work closely with the office of the Permanent Secretary for the smooth running of the Ministry’s activities;
•Produce on a quarterly basis policy briefs on the implementation of major sector programs,
•Be in charge of the Agriculture Sector Working Group (ASWG: drafting its minutes and ensure implementation of its recommendations)
• Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Rural Development or Statistics
Key Technical Skills, experience & Knowledge required:
• Minimum of 3 years of professional administrative experience, prior experience in similar position preferred
• Good organizational skills
• Familiarity with quantitative research techniques
• Knowledge of and experience in working with the principal public sector providers of information in Rwanda
• Familiarity with policy frameworks of the government of Rwanda with regards to agriculture and rural development and their evolution in recent years
• Ability to combine both strategic thinking and intelligent hard work
• Experience in management with demonstrable track record of superior leadership and management at top level in the agriculture sector
• Familiarity with in issues such as SDSs, CAADP, agriculture sector strategies and policies, and policy dialogue
• Experience of working with wide range of key agriculture sector stakeholders including government entities and the donor community, as well as civil society (farmers organizations and cooperatives, NGOs, CBOs, etc.) and the private sector
• Ability to work with complex quantitative data sets
• Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook, experience in M&E and budget tracking tools, PowerPoint and/or Access
• Excellent knowledge of English language
• Experience with the management of databases
• Able to work with little supervision, focused, well organized, detail oriented
• Able to prioritize work, multi
– task and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, team work, self
– motivated, preparedness to work off
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Candidate is expected to quickly learn, understand and follow office administrative processes and procedures
JOB AT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND ANIMAL RESOURCES : E-commerce Specialist : ( Deadline: 14 December 2018 )
•To identify the information to be stored in MIS/e
•Take part in participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation of joint activities with other program services
•To make recommendations for rationalisation and harmonisation of systems of information and communication,
•Ensure the sample design for price collection,
•To establish the list of products to be included in the monthly consumer price index survey,
•To supervise price data collection,
•To analyze and disseminate the price,
•To sort out a regular indication of agricultural product prices,
•To participate on publication of the weekly and monthly consumer price index,
•To advice on setting up appropriate routine data collection, storage and cleaning systems for MINAGRI and its Agencies,
•To prepare dissemination briefs for Stakeholders,
•To supervise the implementation of MINAGRI Market Information system,
•To ensure the identification, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of e
– Soko system,
•To identify and prevent system malfunctioning,
•To identify in e
– Soko equipments and plan their procurement,
•To set up data safety mechanisms of the e
– Soko system software, hardware and related applications,
•Collect volumes of produce and their origins (local, national and international);
•To forecast monthly commodities’ prices
•Ensure prices are disseminated through mobile phone
•Suggest solutions on how to upgrade e
– soko system.
Ao in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Information Technology, Agriculture with three years of working experience in the information and technology field or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Information Technology, Agriculture.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge in Agriculture sector;
– Knowledge in Information dissemination of the Agriculture sector;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills;
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French;knowledge of all is an advantage.