4 job positions at MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING. Deadline : February 12, 2020.
Public Accountant Officer at MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING. Deadline : February 12, 2020.
– Provide technical support and advice to Budget Agencies
– Liaise with Budget Agency management in preparing GoR Financial Statements and verifying their timeliness, completeness and accuracy of financial reports;
– Review of financial Statements for assigned Budget Agencies and ensure timely provision of quality review feedback
– Monitor and support audit process of assigned entities and ensure issues noted are resolved and recommendations implemented
– Provide training to Budget Agency personnel in the use of Integrated Financial Management Information System and other accounting tools and software such as IFMIS, Sage Pastel and Tompro;
– Support and take active role in the preparation of Fixed Assets Register of Central Government Agencies and Public Institutions
– Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi
– annual and annual consolidation dashboards of financial information for assigned portfolio.
– Monitor accountability issues of assigned portfolio and ensure these are resolved in reasonable time.
A0 in Accounting, Finance, Management specializing in Finance/Accounting or Accounting Professionnal Qualification recognised by IFAC ( ACCA , CPA etc ).
– Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
– Knowledge of finance principles;
– Knowledge of financial reporting;
– Proficiency in relevant accounting software;
– Analitycal Skills;
– Technical accounting skills;
– Planning & Monitoring Skills;
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication skills;
– Problem analysis and problem
– solving skills;
– Initiative Skills.
External Resources Mobilisation Officers at MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING. Deadline: February 12, 2020.
– Carrying out aid negotiations and other innovative financing, formulating a negotiating position based on Rwanda’s Aid Policy;
– Assessing constraints on financing needs (debt sustainability, fiscal deficit constraints) with donors;
– up on disbursements under the assigned portfolio (s)
– Organizing external aid coordination (including organization of joint missions) meetings on harmonization, aid mobilization instruments and dialogue on sector strategies (cluster meetings) at higher levels e.g Development Partners’ Coordination Group (DPCG) and Development Partners Retreat (DPR) Reporting on Development Partners’ portfolio statuses;
– Attending sector working groups and joint sector reviews;
– Organizing country portfolio performance reviews and following up recommendations from the reviews;
– Ensuring that aid data is regularly filled in the Development Assistance Database (DAD)
A0 in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Economics Policy, Development Studies, International Relation,
International Finance, Sociology, Social Studies, Political Sciences, Administrative Sciences, Public Administration.
– Knowledge in public finance, monetary economics, international economics, poverty issues, political economy;
– Knowledge on Research and data analysis, reporting, budgeting;
– Knowledge in econometrics;
– High analytical , quantitative, and computer skills;
– leadership skills;
– Organizational Skills;
– Creative, proactive, customer focussed, solutions led and outcome driven Skills;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Complex Proble solving Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
Internal Auditor at MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING. Deadline : February 12, 2020.
– Carrying out spot audits, in those ministries, that evaluate the controls over revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities designed to optimize the economical and efficient use of resources and effectiveness of operations;
– Reviewing of existing or new information systems to assess the quality of controls and the relevance and reliability of the systems output;
– Assessing whether current controls are adequate to manage identified risks and provides assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management practices;
– Auditing of programmes and functions to help improve efficiency and ensure governance, management and control systems are operating effectively;
– Carrying out compliance audits which examine adherence to any policy, contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements;
– Investigating assignments to assess any allegations of wrongdoing or breaches of government standards of conduct;
– Providing advisory services, participating in significant initiatives and priorities, providing solutions to financial and other control issues;
– Reviewing the responses of management to audit recommendations;
A0 in Finance, Accounting or Management with specialization in Finance/Accounting
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Detailed knowledge of financial and Audit Standards, HR & Financial regulations,Procedures and Financial software;
– Planning Skill;
– High Analytical skills;
– Report writing and presentation skills.
– Time management skills;
– Excellent problem
– solving skills and clear logical thinking;
– fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
Programs Monitoring Specialist at MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING. Deadline : February 12, 2020.
? Develop and propose guidelines for Policies/Programs oversight, monitoring and evaluation with clear roles and responsibilities of stakeholders;
? Propose recommendations on appropriate framework for strengthening Policies/Programs management, execution and delivery;
? Develop tools for Policies/Programs monitoring and reporting including electronic systems where appropriate;
? Maintain an updated status of the Country’s progress in implementing long and medium term development strategies including; Vision 2020 and successor Vision, EDPRS, imihigo, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) among others;
? Monitor and compile regular reports on Policies/Programs performance including; performance contracts (imihigo), resolutions from high level fora such as; National Umushyikirano Council, National Leadership retreat, Presidential pledges among others;
? Propose recommendations on appropriate framework for strengthening monitoring and evaluation of programs and policies including; National Vision, EDPRS, Imihigo among others;
? Ensure evaluations (mid
– term, ex
– post) of Policies/Programs are conducted to inform appropriate decision making;
? Maintain a database of Policies/Programs implementation reports and evaluations;
? Build capacities of relevant officials in monitoring and evaluation of policies and programs to enhance evidence based policy formulation.
? Lead and coordinate the elaboration of annual performance contracts for staff under his/her supervision;
? Lead and coordinate the performance evaluation for staff under his/her supervision.
A0 in Economics, Development Studies, Development Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning, Project Management, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance with 3 years of working experience or Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Development Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning, Project Management, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance with 2 years of relevant working experience
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Good understanding of the National Development Planning framework;
– Good Knowledge in Planning, Monitoing & Evaluation of policies/programmes;
– Strong knowledge in application of results based management;
– Strong skills in data collection, management, analysis and interpretation;
– Ability to design monitoring and evaluation system/framework and tools;
– Ability to design work plans for field visits and identify lessons;
– Ability to think critically, identify challenges and remedial options;
– Confidence in using analytical software applications and tools like Microsoft Excel, SPSS and others;
– Strategic planning and decision
– making capabilities;
– Team coordination, mentoring, coaching and supervision capabilities;
– Strong implementation and follow up Skills;
– Strong skills in document presentation and quality assurance;
– Abiliity to communicate effectively in national languages (English or French and Kinyarwanda) with a wide range of stakeholders including high level policy makers