6 job positions at Association des Veuves du Genocide (AVEGA) (Deadline: 24 July 2019)
Under the support of different Donors, AVEGA is planning to implement different projects ; it is in this context that AVEGA would like to recruit a Programmes Manager (1), IGA office(1) and Cooperative ,Business and Development Assistant (4).
- Position: Programmes Manager(1)
- Reports to: ES/AVEGA
- Duty station: AVEGA’s Main Office and some field assignments
- Type: Regular – Full Time
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and review of appropriate organizational strategies as part of the Management Committee;
- Advise senior management about issues affecting project implementation, or key local issues affecting future grants/projects developments;
- Direct and manage the implementation of all AVEGA’s owned project and ensuring timeliness and delivery according to the activity plan and results framework;
- Manage the programmes budget, including regular monitoring of expenditure against budget ;
- Develop concepts and proposals for new projects initiatives, implementation and close out of projects according to AVEGA and donor Project Management Standards;
- Set high quality performance targets, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines;
- Facilitate the recruitment of programme staff, lead program staff to respond to needs in an adaptive, responsive and timely manner, with security as the highest priority in programmatic decision-making;
- Manage research as per the project work programme and supervise staff delegated to these tasks;
- Develop and manage projects budgets in collaboration with the AVEGA finance team.
- Take responsibility for report preparation or reviewing draft reports for relevance, accuracy and quality and its submission;
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and coordination with other actors including other NGOs, the government and key international partners;
- C) Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in project management/management or Bachelor’s in any field with 7 years in projects designs, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills required
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience mainstreaming protection, disability and gender considerations strongly preferred.
- Capacity in project design, project management and M&E
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of international agencies/ NGOs grant provisions and guidelines, including proposal formats and reporting requirements preferred
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Microsoft Publisher preferred
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environment.
- d) Physical Requirements/Environment: The position will be based in Kigali with frequent travel to areas in rural areas.
- e) Foreign Language Required: Professional proficiency in English preferred.
- Position: IGA Officer (1)
- Reports to: Program Manager
- Duty station: Western Province
- Type: Regular – Full Time
The role of the IGA Officer will be to work closely with AVEGA beneficiaries and identifying training opportunities based on labour market information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the project beneficiaries to assess the needs of income generating assistance and review women’s role in income generating fields.
- Responsible for target area and beneficiary assessment, project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Make case to case skills analysis to determine the training needs.
- Identify potential income generating activities and provide advice / support for their implementation.
- Organize training for CBDs
- Monitor the use of start-up kits by the beneficiaries.
- Secure market data on employment opportunities that may be relevant to the
- Organize, develop and follow up the implementation plans that include labor market assessments and job readiness skills training for beneficiaries.
- To effectively liaison with financial institution officials, community groups and
in support of programme activities.
Represent the liverhood Program at networking meetings involving other organizations engaged in related fields.
Manage the delivery and monitoring of all training activities and employment targets by securing and maintaining files and records of beneficiary.
Participate in program planning to identify and develop ideas for projects.
- The IGA Officer shall report to the Program Manager:
- Weekly report: activities planned and implemented
- Monthly report: Activities planned, implemented, recommendation for further period.
- Final report: Result of Income Generation Activities project, lesson learnt, recommendation for further period.
- University degree in Economics, Social Science or other field with 8 years of experiance.
- Experience in livelihood activities and community development projects
- Knowledge of vocational training schemes, community based initiatives and development projects
- Good understanding of income generating, micro credit, small-scale business
- management principles and approaches, and the gender dynamics inherent in these interventions
- Experience in or good understanding of gender issues and gender dynamics
- Experience in community needs assessments particularly with women groups.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Self motivated and are able to work on own initiative.
- Computer literacy(MS Excel ,Word, PPP..)
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda languages
- Cooperative,Business and Development Assistant(CBDs) 4 positions
- Reports to: IGA Officer
- Duty station: Nyamasheke or Rusizi District
- Type: Regular -Full Time
The CBDs will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize beneficiaries of AVEGA and their dependents to form business groups/SHGs/cooperatives
- participate curriculum development and train beneficiaries of self help group/ cooperatives in how to write business plans, marketing plans.
- Identify exisiting SHGs/cooperaives and link them with financial institutions,
- build capacity of cooperatives to manage these business relationships.
- Work closely with beneficiaries of the project to develop sustainable business best practices in the area of promotions, sales and sales operations.
- Encourage beneficiaries to increase savings
- Coordinating community development volunteers
Qualifications and Person Specification
- A Bachelors degree in management, cooperative development or other field with Experience at least 5 years in offering trainings on entrepreneurship skills.
- Demonstrate an interest in teaching or guiding others to build their capacity
- Confident and positive, approachable and sensitive to the needs of survivors
- Highly organized and able to analyze the legal matters
- Proactive and ability to self-direct own work
- A willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the Organization
Skills and Experience
- Experience and confidence working with cooperatives/SHG/Tontines it is advantage
- Experience working with survivors
- Experience working with vulnerable groups preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own time
- Microsoft Office and general office skills
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate project impact
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their documents to AVEGA Head office locates in Kigali –Remera not later than 24 July, 2019 at 3pm.The documents should be composed of:
- Application letter addressed to AVEGA Legal Representative
- -Complete CV,
- Photocopy of Identity
- Degree and any other documents that prove their qualifications.
– Due to anticipated interest in these posts, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams
Done at Kigali 3/7/2019
The Management of AVEGA AGAHOZO