Job at MINISTRY OF YOUTH : Administrative Assistant to the Minister ( Deadline: 04 June 2018 )
The Administrative Assistant is responsible of:
– Receive and direct visitors of the Minister
– Receive, exploit and dispatch mails, prepare and write draft letters and other correspondences in the Minister’s office;
– Ensure that files to be forwarded to the Minister are ready on time;
– Remind the Minister of urgent files, meetings and important events and arrange them in a priority order in his/her office to facilitate his/her work;
– Keep the diary of the Minister;
– Take minutes during the meetings chaired by the Minister;
– Carry out any other relevant tasks assigned by the Ministry authorities.
A1 in Secretarial Studies, Office Management with 3 years’ experience or A0 in Public Administration, Sociology, Law, communication.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Office Management Skills;
– Excellent Communication, Organizational, Interpersonal Skills;
– Computer knowledge (Word Processing, Power Point and Internet);
– Analytical and problem solving skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; Knowledge of all is an advantage.
Job at MINISTRY OF YOUTH : Statistician (Deadline : 04 June 2018 )
A. Statistics functions
1. Analyze and distribute statistics data reports 2. Establish statistical database for the institution 3. put in place a system of collection of statistics data of interest to the ministry ; 4. Collect and analyse statistical data on implementation of policies, Strategies, Action plans;
5. Prepare periodic statistical reports on Ministry activities;
6. Propose recommendations for formulation and implementation of policies, strategies, action plans;
7. Develop and regularly update a functional statistical database of the Ministry activities and relevant sector activities;
8. Develop and update statistical tools for data collection on the Ministry’s activities.
9. Participate and ensure the Ministry’s involvement in relevant statistics forums;
B. Research functions
1. Coordinate and follow up on research and impact studies on activities and programmes undertaken by the Ministry;
2. Undertake/coordinate service delivery surveys, collec stakeholders/clients views on services rendered by the Ministry;
3. Prepare regular survey reports on particular issues or activities of the Ministry;
4. Develop and update research and survey methods and tools for data collection adapted to the Ministry’s needs.
A0 in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics
– Deep understanding of Research Methodologies and
– Diagnostic Information Gathering
– Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation or subject from appropriate sources using skillful questioning to draw out the information
– Knowledge of various statistical software packages (advanced Microsft Excel, SPPS, STATA)
– Knowledge to Prepares and publishes statistical and
technical reports and research papers;
– Knowledge of the theory, systems and application of
statistical research methodology
– Computer Skills
– Organizational Skills;
– High analytical Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; Knowledge of all is an advantage
Job at MINISTRY OF YOUTH : Laboratory Technician (Under Contract) ( Deadline :04 June 2018 )
The Laboratory Technician is responsible of:
– Test all samples submitted by the counsellors according to LNR algorithm and give results back to counsellors or to nurses if needed;
– Respect confidentiality;
– Prepare and bring samples to LNR for quality control;
– Respect universal measures of laboratory safety;
– Produce report of VCT test kits and consumables, and submit orders;
– Ensure monthly and quarterly reports;
– Participate in youth mobilization at the center and community level;
A1 in Medical Laboratory or A2 in Medical Laboratory with at least 2 years working experience
Job at MINISTRY OF YOUTH : VTC Councillor (Under Contract) ( Deadline: 04 June 2018 )
The VCT Counsellors is responsible of:
– Ensure that all materials and consumables needed for VCT are regularly available;
– Ensure laboratory and data quality control;
– Ensure FP integration in VCT activities;
– Apply all policies, measures, procedures and protocols relevant to VCT services;
– Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports of VCT activities, following guidance from the VCT from RBC/HIV division;
– Provide comprehensive VCT and SRH services (HIV, Pregnancy Test, STI treatments, FP and MC) in a friendly and confidential manner;
– Refer all HIV positive clients;
– Refer all clients who reported having an STI’s symptoms;
– Refer clients who need FP methods;
– Refer all uncircumcised men tested HIV negative and who are interested in;
– Ensure follow up of referred cases;
– Complete all relevant data collection tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Psychology or A2 in Nursing with at least two years working experience in Counselling.
job at MINISTRY OF YOUTH : Youth Center Coordination Officer (Under Contract) ( Deadline: 04 June 2018 )
The Youth Friendly center Coordinator is responsible of:
A. Coordination of activities:
– Coordinate all activities of the youth friendly Centre;
– Supervise and coordinate the youth Centre staff;
– Represent the Youth friendly Centre in all activities at Sector and District level;
– Collaborate with local authorities, other partners and all implementing agencies to empower young people;
– Ensure funds mobilization for the Centre’s activities;
– Ensure the efficient mobilization and sensitization of youth.
B. Management of funds and equipment:
– Ensure the effective use of funds and equipments /materials of the Centre.
– Conduct monitoring and evaluation of activities at the level of the community;
– Prepare different reports and ensure that they are submitted to the concerned authorities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, Management, Public Administration, Development Studies.
Job at MINISTRY OF YOUTH : Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist (Under Contract) ( Deadline: 04 June 2018 )
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist is responsible of: A. Develop policies, strategies and programmes that promote Reproductive Health and HIV prevention among youth.
– Contribute to design policies and strategies aiming at Youth wellbeing;
– Ensure the establishment of the work plan for the project supported by Global Fund in the Ministry of Youth;
– Support the implementation of the projects’ activities within the youth centres;
– Advise and supervise the administrative aspect of the youth centres in the implementation of Sexual and Reproductive Health related activities;
– Contribute to the elaboration of the performance indicators of the project;
– Analyze the documents in relation to the job description of the staff in the youth centres;
– Take part in the preparation and organization of seminars, workshops or all other trainings and give technical support in the area of Reproductive Health Promotion and HIV prevention;
– Ensure the reinforcement of the beneficiaries’ skills in the area of Reproductive Health Promotion and HIV prevention. B.Regular monitoring and supervision of the youth friendly reproductive Health services:
– Ensure support and supervision of the SRH staff in youth centres;
– Regular field visits to follow up the implementation of activities related to Sexual and Reproductive Health Promotion and HIV prevention in the youth centres. C. Report:
– Ensure timely reporting to relevant stakeholders;
– Ensure reports related to the component are drafted and timely sent to relevant autholities for signature;
– Carry out any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Clinical Psychology, Sociology with at least 3 years working experience in HIV prevention programs or A0 Degree in the same field with 5 years of working experience. Knowledge and working experience in external funded Projects is an added advantage.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Understanding the Project Management cycle;
– Excellent Communication, Organizational and Managerial Skills;
– Skills in provision of youth friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health programs
– Computer knowledge (Word Processing, Power Point and Internet)
– Time management and reporting skills; Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; Knowledge of all is an advantage.