6 Job Positions for Warehouse Compliance Officer at One Acre Fund (Deadline: 30 May 2018)
Who We Are
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia and Myanmar that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in income. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. In nine years we have grown to serve over 400,000 farm families with more than 3,000 full-time field staff. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new countries. To help maintain this growth, we are looking for Warehouse Compliance Officers to assist in compliant with all government regulations on agricultural inputs storage and handling as well as, all internal OAF policies and guidelines.
Warehouse Compliance Officers will be responsible for educating warehouse staff on practices that will maintain a high level of compliance. This role is crucial in helping OAF manage risks, maintain a positive reputation and sustainably serve farmers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly audit the warehouses to ensure that warehouse meet required regulatory and policy requirements
- Ensure warehouses are compliant with safety requirements
- Investigate and document reports of non-compliant activities
- Ensure findings are followed up and issues are rectified within set timelines
- Develop and deliver compliance training sessions
- Provide compliance advice on areas for improvement
- Perform physical counts with the warehouse team and ensure the accuracy of reported numbers
- Ensure that:
- Warehouses have adequate space for storage of agrochemicals and placement of necessary materials and equipment for the health of workers and operators;
- Warehouses have separate areas either by partition, location or other effective means for those operations which do not require workers to be exposed to the hazardous agrochemicals;
- Employees working in the premises always wear protective clothing;
- Premises are well equipped with appropriate first aid facilities;
- General health of the staff working in the premises is adequately catered for; and
- Other equipment to protect workers and environment are available in premises and sufficient.
- Support the warehouse team in any other logistics operations assigned by your manager
We are seeking an entry-level professional with 2-5 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Have a bachelors’ degree in Agriculture or Chemistry
- Have good knowledge of fertilizers and other agricultural inputs
- Able to:
- Analyze and interpret information quickly;
- Solve critical problems;
- Pay attention to detail; and
- Work effectively under pressure
- Be of high integrity and professional ethics
- Have excellent communication skills
- Computer skills with capacity of learning and handling any software package, most importantly experience in Microsoft Excel
- Collaborative, customer service attitude
- Willingness to live in rural Rwanda
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Please click on this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCuyGjRuk3nXHMZN9aS53AyA_FucIG76UC8LR34oeQWdCRBg/viewform
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.