BBOXX Capital Rwanda : Portfolio Manager (Deadline: 04 October 2018)
BBOXX Capital Rwanda wishes to recruit qualified and self-motivated staff to work in the following position;Portfolio Manager
BBOXX is a UK-based company providing affordable, upgradeable solar solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. With over 100,000 systems deployed so far, we have 450+ staff – working across 5 offices in the UK, China, and East Africa – who are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20M people by 2020. We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify the world!
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Location: Country Office (Kigali)
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the performance of the BBOXX portfolio: maximizing utilization rates, reducing defaults, managing collections, overseeing the payments system, and managing customer service. The role is both analytical (i.e. analyzing customer behavior and causes of non-payment) and operational (i.e. developing and implementing policies and processes to improve performance).
- Achieve targets for utilization rates, default and repossession rates, and customer service quality and costs
- Analyze key portfolio metrics (i.e. utilization rate, default rates): report on portfolio health, identify possible root causes of problems and propose solutions
- Oversee collections and repossessions processes to get clients back on track when they stop paying for/using BBOXX, and recover assets from inactive/defaulted clients, while minimizing the costs of these activities
- Champion portfolio quality throughout the organization: act as “voice of the portfolio” to counterbalance the propensity to focus too much on sales, and ensure retail staff are taking adequate care to maintain portfolio quality
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve portfolio quality—for example, running campaigns during harvest seasons to encourage bulk electricity purchases
- Ensure a seamless payments experience: prevent payments system downtime and respond to problems as quickly as possible, manage relationships with HQ and local payments providers to ensure that it’s easy to pay, and educate customers on how to pay
- Balance cost and quality in customer service: create a customer service experience across multiple channels (Call Centre, Shops, Self-Service Apps, and more) that encourages long-term loyalty and growth with BBOXX, while also implementing initiatives to reduce cost-to-serve
- Support BBOXX HQ in implementing and/or piloting portfolio and customer service-related process improvements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This role will be particularly suitable for intellectually curious, analytically-minded professionals with experience in credit management.
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- 2+ years’ experience in credit risk management at a bank or other lending or Fin-Tech institution, both analyzing portfolio data and presenting to C-level executives OR 2+ years in a top-tier consulting firm or similar role; practical experience in delinquency management is also a plus.
- Expert knowledge of financial analysis tools like credit risk modeling and vintage analysis
- Expert knowledge of Excel, and preferably statistical software
- Knowledge of banking regulations and/or digital payment systems in your country are pluses
- Fluent in English
Personal traits and skills:
- Analytical and quantitative skill: you think through problems in a structured way: assessing them quantitatively wherever possible, breaking them down into their component parts, and tackling the highest impact problems first.
- Intellectual curiosity: you are driven to solve problems, and analyze them from multiple angles before being satisfied.
- Self-motivation: you actively figure out what needs to be done and propose the plan yourself even without needing to be told what to do. When you spot problems, you bring the relevant people together to brainstorm solutions, rather than waiting for someone else to fix the problem.
- Financial acumen: You have a strong understanding of key risk and financial metrics, and a deep knowledge of finance that will enable you to develop innovative approaches to predicting and measuring risk in settings where customers often have no prior credit history.
- Presentation skills and influence: you can translate complex numbers into language that makes sense to any audience and can persuade others to see your point of view. You make compelling PowerPoint presentations, and present convincingly in-person to senior audiences.
- Project management: you excel at taking an idea from concept to reality. You plan carefully, think through risks and contingencies, prioritize tasks based on impact and critical path, measure your results, and can manage members of your project team through to completion of the project.
Deadline: Thursday, 4th October 2018 at 5:00 p.m
How to apply
- Send your CV & Degree or Diploma to [email protected]
- Must put the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do this, your application shall not be considered.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview