Cash Crops Officer job available at Huye District (Deadline: 13 November 2017)
– Elaborate a local strategy on cash crops, monitor its implementation at Sector level and produce consolidated reports thereof;
– Organize trainings and campaigns meant to raise local population awareness on the use and importance of modern techniques of cash crops production and disease control at Sector level;
– Supervise the identification and mapping of cash crop diseases prevailing within the District and advise on preventive and reactive measures;
– Supervise, in close collaboration with the agriculture officer, the distribution and monitor the use of fertilizers across Sectors, and organize experimentation of selected seeds;
– Maintain, in close collaboration with any other concerned staff, an updated database of cash crops within the District, analyse their impact on local economic development and advise accordingly about scale-up measures.
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Cash Crops Production, Rural Development, or in Agri-business, agro-economics
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
-Extensive Knowledge in Agriculture mainly Cash Crops
-High analytical Skills;
-Complex Problem Solving;
-Time management Skills;
-Team working Skills;
-Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.