Job at Abt Associates: Driver (Deadline: 08 December 2017)
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates for the project’s operations in Rwanda.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
- All candidates should send applications to VectorControl_Rwanda@abtassoc.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.
- Documentation required to be considered includes a Cover Page, CV, biodata form, payslip from the most recent position held, copies of educational certificates/degrees, and contact information of at least 3 references we can contact (must include email addresses and phone numbers).
- Candidates selected for an interview will be sent a more detailed job description in advance of the interview.
Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
- Operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the program.
- Follows schedule of routine vehicle maintenance.
- Keeps detailed records of vehicle movements and maintenance performed.Supports the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
- Secondary School (desirable), a valid driver’s license, and at least 1 year of commercial driving experience.
- Automotive mechanics expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with USAID funded programs and/or other international development experience.
- English language fluency.
JUNIOR LEVEL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- At least 5 years relevant experience, or: Bachelor’s Degree (desireable) or a Masters Degree.
Deadline: Candidates should submit application on or before December 8th, 2017.