Job at Africa Improved Foods : Trade Marketing Executive (Deadline :26th July 2019.)
Our products are intended to address malnutrition among vulnerable population segments such as pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, older infants and young children especially in the first 1,000 days of their life. To this end, we have built a world-class food processing plant in Rwanda – to serve the East Africa region – and are now expanding into Ethiopia.
In as much as we are a commercial, for-profit organization, we also strive to have the maximum social, economic and environmental impact possible on the communities in which we operate. In this respect, we have strong working relationships with reputable NGO’s across the EAC Region.
Our model is to source raw materials from local small-holder farmers, employ, develop and to deploy local talent in the creation and growth of our fortified foods business.
Our Mission is to provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available.
Our Vision is to be a trusted Africa-based producer of a range of nutritious foods that are proven to improve health.
Africa Improved Foods Holding Ltd is looking for self-motivated, qualified individual with the right attitude and a passion for innovation to join our young and energetic team on the position of Trade Marketing Executive.
General Job information
Job title: Trade Marketing Executive
Business Group/Unit: Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Position in the organization
Reports to: Trade Marketing Manager
Direct reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
The jobholder will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Drive Company’s vision “Best in Class” at the Point of Sale (POS)
- Maximize off take on company brands through developing best in class Point of Sale Material (POSM) with Trade Marketing Manager, Brand Manager & Sales Managers.
- Accurately forecast promotional materials for the company.
- Develop & deliver necessary training on product knowledge & shoppers’ profile.
- Plan in conjunction with the Trade Marketing Manager, Brand Manager & Sales Managers the salesman merchandising tools.
- Plan in coordination with Marketing and Sales the support for all new launches.
- Develop sales presenters, schedules, planograms for the teams whenever needed
- Conduct periodically trade visit to assess new launches implantation in key markets.
- Assess launch success & prepare closing report for major launches.
Yearly Promotions Planning / Management
- Develop a yearly promotional plan on brand level & country level in line with brand guidelines, Sales feedback as well as shoppers’ insights.
- Align Trade Marketing Manager and Brand Manager & take into account respective feedback & suggestions.
- Present to Trade Marketing Manager or Commercial Director proposed yearly/quarterly/Monthly promotional plan for approval.
- Align finance on the promotional cost by promotion & all related charges.
- Develop with Brand Manager and Trade Marketing Manager POSM or packaging artwork once plan is approved.
- Produce & where needs be ship promotional Materials or packaging Materials to all markets we operate in within agreed timelines.
- Ensure packaging or POSM quality is always best in class.
- Manage Trade Marketing budget with support from the Trade Marketing Manager efficiently & ensure cost policies are applied having in mind optimization between quality & price.
- Pre & post promotions evaluation through estimated ROI, IMS figures, market feedback as well as market data readings when applicable.
- Work closely with Finance to validate all promotions for future planning and efficient achievements
- Consult with other functions internally (Business Support, NPD, Marketing & Finance) as well as externally (Agencies, Key Accounts & Shoppers) as necessary to gain information and insights, as well as achieve results that are aligned with corporate and functional objectives.
- Conduct market visits in coordination with Marketing team
Knowledge and educational level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or any relevant field
- Discipline related knowledge and experience
Required level of professional experience
- 2- 3 years of experience in Trade Marketing, Marketing or Sales in FMCG industry, preferably food & beverages industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (outgoing personality)
- Experience of project management against set deliverables
- Ability to prioritize and organize workloads independently when required
Competences and skills
- Team player and the ability to work well across different departments
- Ability to set own priorities in line with business needs and work constructively within the team and on your own initiative
- Ability to problem-solve and ‘make things happen’
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyze sales data and research projects
- Event management
- Willingness to learn and develop with the role
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, telephone contact and email address.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday 26th July 2019.
Please apply to:
Human Resources Manager
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda
E-mail on: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information,please download https://africaimprovedfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/Trade-Marketing-Executive.pdf