Job at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences: IT Infrastructure and HPC Full Stack Specialist (Deadline: 22 February 2019 )
A Career Opportunity to advance our work transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
In keeping with our mission to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish, at AIMS we equally are dedicated to fostering an environment in which we enable and challenge our internal talent to flourish to their fullest capacity as we strive to generate The Next Einstein!
We need your passion, knowledge and expertise to be our next…
IT Infrastructure and HPC Full Stack Specialist
In support of the QLA project, we are in search of a smart, enthusiastic individual to join the team as its first IT Infrastructure and HPC Full Stack Specialist. Inspired by an ambitious mandate, and led by the Director & Lead Scientist, you will play an active role as the team works to build and maintain analytical models that mine large sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data in search of unique insights and correlations not evident through traditional Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence techniques.
With your hands-on technical know-how and expertise, you will install, configure and maintain enterprise Linux operating systems; configure and manage network-attached storage systems and provide support for various enterprise services including DNS, DHCP, NFS, email services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of Linux and Windows based systems.
Additionally, you will develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and perform verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure to ensure the smooth delivery of QLA initiatives.
This is a full time opportunity based at the QLA Centre in Kigali (Remera) Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline
● Minimum three (3) years professional experience
● Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis
● Experience as a systems administrator
● A strong communicator, very engaged and hands-on with faculty, students and staff
● Technical expertise and background knowledge to consult for and support academic researchers, faculty, students, and staff that use the computing facilities at QLA, and with knowledge in:
○ OSI model, TCP/IP, firewalls, network security, and performance troubleshooting
○ Windows based systems
● Self-sufficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet-based applications (Google Apps, Skype)
● Available to work outside normal working hours to meet organizational demands
Are you ready to take on this role and be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including your salary expectations, together with a detailed CV in English to: [email protected] (i.e. “IT Infrastructure and HPC Full Stack Specialist _internal]” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until February 22, 2019.
Once your application is reviewed, you will be notified via e-mail of next steps in the process. From time to time, and as circumstances change within the organization, AIMS may elect to accelerate, extend or discontinue the selection process. As such, AIMS reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information,please visit https://www.nexteinstein.org