Job at AIMS: Information Technology (IT) Manager (Deadline: July 25, 2018)
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS Centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Information Technology (IT) Manager
The IT Manager, AIMS Global Network provides vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives that align with the mission of AIMS. The IT Manager, AIMS Global Network directs the strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, coordination and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of AIMS’ operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and mission development. He/she is responsible for all aspects of the AIMS network information technology and systems.
As the ideal candidate, you will establish strategic and operational IT governance processes, establish the IT Unit’s operative goals and objectives, establish and promote the vision for ICT to support transformation and innovation at the Secretariat and across the network. You will also develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets, develop and maintain enterprise IT Governance Framework, SLA, policies, and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information.
In addition, you will coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations, review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
This is a full-time opportunity based at the Secretariat in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering;
- 6+ years’ experience managing and/or directing IT operations;
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience in effective people management, including implementation of standard procedures + knowledge and utilization of best practices in administration and operations.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proficiency in planning and managing large software development projects, managing in-house resources, and contracted services.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: [email protected] (i.e. quote “IT Manager” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until July 25, 2018.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.