Job at American Refugee Committee (ARC) : VCT Counselor (Deadline: 31 July 2018)
ARC is looking for qualified, self-driven and committed individual – for the position of VCT Counsellor to be based full time in Mahama Refugee Camp in Kirehe District.
- Counsel and test clients for HIV, and provide them with accurate information about the infection, prevention measures, current treatments, services, options and other resources.
- Ensure those tested positive are linked to ARV services for follow up and initiation on treatment
- Work closely with high-risk persons to develop a reasonable risk reduction
- Educate and mobilize people of concerns on condoms use and prevent Sexual transmitted infections
- Counsel people suffering from HIV, their families and friends, and provide them with accurate information about available treatment and other supports
- Maintain current and accurate client records as directed, collect and report relevant data about services provided, and prepare statistical reports as required;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth awareness of available HIV/AIDS treatment options, local resources and transmission prevention strategies
- Collaborate with Community health sector in HIV/AIDS prevention mobilization, sensitization and campaign
- Participate in training opportunities as required;
- Maintain client confidentiality;
- Perform any other duties assigned by ARC Health Coordinator
- Recognized university Degree in Psychology, Nursing or related field with full registration and current practicing license with relevant professional body (Rwanda health profession council)
- Successfully completed training required for HIV/AIDS counselor from government or local regulatory
- Current counselling certification or at least 1,000 hours of counselling experience;
- Previous experience with Development or Relief Organisation in Complex emergency situations, including refugees, or community outreach
- Strong oral and written skills, Team player
- Highly organized, self-motivated, reliable, excellent inter-personal skills
- Preferably with previous experience in education and/or training
- Excellent organizational skills
- Oral/writing skills in Kinyarwanda and English or French
- Experience working in refugee situation and/or previous experience in Rwanda
N.B: Any applicant to this position must have fulfilled/finished their commitment to serve in the public sector as required by Ministry of Health guidelines. Any applicant who does not fulfill/meet this requirement will be automatically disqualified.
Submit 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor – via email to [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 31st July 2018 at 17:00hrs.
Only applications received through the stated email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.