People Operations Coordinator
at Andela (View all jobs)
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali. Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the People Coordinator Role:
Andela is seeking a People Operations Coordinator to work with the People team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for Andela Kigali across key functional areas, including employee relations and engagement, on boarding, operations and HRIS expertise.
- Service Delivery & Information
- Ensure day-to-day operations of People-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner. The objective is to deliver transactions in alignment with agreed HR service standards specifications. Maintain a response timeline of 24 hours and a resolution timeline for employee requests of 3 working days.
- Data Integrity:
- Ensure data integrity of the Official Kigali tracker
- HRIS system data Integrity
- Ensure 95% completeness and accuracy of employee data on Bamboo Hr.
- Ensure 95% completeness of employee documentation uploaded to Bamboo Hr.
- Manage and coordinate the processing and issuance of work permits in collaboration with the Travel Ops department for new and existing employees.
- Work with the People Manager to track and update the People Kigali dashboard with departmental metrics, monthly and quarterly expenses.
- Employee Engagement
- On boarding:
- Create and update an on boarding process document to guide the on-boarding processes of new hires.
- Manage the on boarding of new hires to ensure a seamless integration and optimize new hire productivity. Maintain an on-boarding rating of 8/10.
- Run 30, 60 and 90 day check-ins for new hires and use this data to enhance the on boarding process from time to time. Maintain a satisfaction rating of 7/10 for each check-in period.
- Collaborate with global on boarding leads in the drafting and creation of the Andela global on boarding processes, templates and presentation decks.
- Identify process improvements regarding on boarding at least once bi-annually.
- Off boarding:
- Work with the People Manager to manage the off boarding process for employees.
- Launch Ceremony:
- Project manage the Launch ceremony in collaboration with the multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure that the necessary certificates, documentation and payments are issued to all employees that would launch from Andela.
- Track the completion timelines of each Fellow to aid proper planning of the launch ceremony.
- Co-assist and co-own the development of deliverable for global People strategy development and initiatives.
- Coordinate the vendor selection, issuance and utilization of key employee benefits like Medical insurance, Group life Assurance, etc.
- On boarding:
- Organization Design
- Process documentation:
- Lead the development and crafting of Kigali People processes documentation.
- Coordinate the creation and tracking of process templates to aid business continuity within the People team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Andela policies and procedures in collaboration with the People Manager.
- Update local intranet sections with policies, birthday and general employee information/data.
- Process documentation:
- SOC II:
- Ensure that monthly internal SOC II testing process are completed and executed within the indicated timelines. Process documentation:
- Work with the People Manager to ensure that the necessary audit evidence are readily available for annual SOC II testings.
- Work with the People Manager to ensure that relevant compliance processes are implemented within the People team and Andela.
- Ensure that all employees sign off on the relevant compliance related documentation upon hire and during annual refresh initiatives.
- SOC II:
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 4 to 5 years of relevant experience. Or MS/MA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 3 year relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Rwanda labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela Rwanda.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
- EPIC Values Alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology.
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits and Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.