Job at ARC: Data Officer (Deadline: 12 May 2017)
ARC is looking for efficient and qualified person to fill up the following position in our organization
POSITION TITLE: Data Officer
COUNTRY PROGRAM Rwanda
LOCATION: Gihembe Camp
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Nurse
STATUS: Full Time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
DATE: May 2017
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION:
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to improve the well-being and self-reliance of the displaced refugee population from eastern DRC and Burundi by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), improving food security and enabling economic recovery in six refugee camps located in Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Based at the refugee camp site level, the Data Officer oversees the collection of data and ensures that all data is complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner. He/she reports directly to the Head Nurse and collaborates with all health staff at the field site level.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the clinical health staff to ensure that the data collected is complete, accurate and up-to-date at all times
- Assemble the data necessary to complete all required reports in a timely manner
- Ensure the timely, accurate and complete data entry of records in the electronic systems, as required
- Assist with the training of clinical staff in data collection procedures
- Ensure that all source documents including patient dossiers, registers, reports, etc. are available during DQA activities
- Actively participate in internal and external data quality assessments
- Ensure that applications capturing and updating institutional data incorporate edit and validation checks to assure the accuracy, consistency and integrity of data
- Act as focal point and respond to questions about the accuracy and integrity of data
- Check and correct data inconsistencies; document corrections made to data at any stage of data management
- Ensure that personnel are trained in data quality assurance and data management skills
- Maintain and update the health-related records inventory that contains the types, locations, dates, volumes, equipment, and usage
- Regularly check on the storage of health-related records in the records center and at clinical service delivery areas to ensure adherence to this SOP
- Ensure that active, inactive, perpetual and/or electronic records are accessible to only authorized personnel as per this SOP manual
- Ensure that staff at the health center have been trained on the health related records filing and storage system
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per internal and MoH guidelines
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, or any other ARC Senior Manager.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- A1 certificate or diploma in public health, statistics or related health field from recognized university required
- Background in nursing preferred
- 2 years’ experience in data management in a low-resource, fast-paced setting, working with vulnerable/displaced persons
- Demonstrated familiarity with health data management SOPs and Rwanda health management information system
- Demonstrated knowledge of Health Information Systems and Rwandan Ministry of Health protocols and guidelines
- Experience in rural health center/ hospital setting
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Process management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- Good oral/writing skills in Kinyarwanda and English or French
- Experience working in protracted refugee situation and/or previous experience in Rwanda
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Commitment to personally champion ARC’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same
- Excellent strategic thinking, process management and problem solving skills
- Must have cross-cultural and strong interpersonal skills to work with refugees and vulnerable persons.
- Ability to coordinate with other health sector staff in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Should be able to work under minimal supervision
- Effective team player, respectful and willing to support others
- Punctual at his/her duty station
- Confident in carrying out his/her tasks
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to live and work in a remote, low-resource setting
To apply for this position: Submission of applications – to include Cover letter and updated CV (maximum three pages) – shall be either hand delivered to
KG 622 St 19
Submitted via email to RWJobs@arcrelief.org with Vacancy Announcement- Data Officer in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is May 12th, 2017 at 17:00hrs Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.