Job at ARC : Intern – Media & Documentation (Kigali) (Deadline: 13 August 2017)
Advertisement: Intern – Media & Documentation
POSITION TITLE: Intern – Media & Documentation (Kigali)
COUNTRY PROGRAM Rwanda
LOCATION: Kigali head office
RESPONSIBLE TO: General & Programs Unit
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Nil
DATE: August 2017
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
ARC is looking for a vibrant, result driven, innovative and highly involved Intern (non-staff, temporary role with no salary attached) to support its media and documentation efforts. This is an opportunity for a fresh or continuing graduate student to explore a career interest in humanitarian work, while enhancing his/her educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in agency work. It will also provide the successful individual with exposure and learning on the working environment of an International NGO and a better understanding of ARC Rwanda’s mission and activities.
The Intern will be based at ARC Rwanda main office, Kigali, with frequent travel to various field sites. Required commitment: initial 3 months, with possibility of extension.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to ongoing outreach to ARC Rwanda staff and partners in search of compelling stories/content that relate to our mission and activities.
- Support in maintaining web, blog content and executing social media initiatives.
- Copy writing and editing as required.
- Undertake assigned photography and social media tasks.
- Support with events, promotions, celebrations planning and logistics, and media coverage.
- Support in developing required presentations, including basic research, documents reviews, etc.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Graduate or current pursuit of a university degree in communications, media, public relations, journalism or a closely related field.
- Exposure and interest in maintaining web, blog content and executing social media initiatives.
- Strong copy writing and editing skills required.
- Skills and passion in photography and social media.
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency – written and oral – in English & Kinyarwanda is required.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Relational and good interpersonal skills, including ability to confidently relate with diverse stakeholders in varied environments – in and outside of ARC.
- Self-motivated and client-orientated with a strong sense of personal ethic and integrity and a big appetite for quality documentation, communications and presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain strong relationships and trust among stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground
- Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and contributor.
EXPENSES AND COSTS
All costs such related to the internship will be borne by the intern unless provided for by a sponsoring institution, e.g. university, education programme, etc. However, ARC will provide the intern with a modest allowance, as well as transport and accommodation facilitation to the field sites, whenever required to travel and perform ARC responsibilities.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit applications – to include 1 page Cover Letter, an updated CV, and three names (plus titles & contacts) of relevant professional referees – to the following email address: [email protected]
Only applications received through the above indicated dedicated email address will be considered. The deadline for submission of applications is August 13th, 2017 at 17:00hrs. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.