Job at ARC: Nutrition Training Consultant (Deadline: 21 November 2017)
POSITION TITLE: Nutrition Training Consultant
COUNTRY PROGRAM Rwanda
LOCATION. Field Level.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nutrition Technical Coordinator.
STATUS: Temporary contract
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Purpose of the Project: The Nutrition, Education and Counselling (NEC III) project aim is to increase the knowledge and capacity of vulnerable refugee communities for them to adopt and maintain healthy and nutrient-rich diet. Enabling families with malnourished children to restore and maintain healthy nutritious diet as well as prevent malnutrition and to increase access to available sources of income and food diversification among refugees. The Nutrition, Education and Counselling phase III is being implemented in five of the Congolese camps (Gihembe, Mugombwa, Kiziba, Kigeme and Nyabiheke) and one Burundian (Mahama) refugee camp.
The consultant should be able to:
- Provide Training and increase the knowledge and skills on gender integrated nutrition sensitization techniques to nutrition actors in refugee camps
- To increase knowledge of Participants in understanding basics of different issues affecting specific needs of men, women, adolescent boys and girls.
- Equip participants with specific needs of disaggregated groups in nutrition and establish sensitization techniques and tools to communicate and pass relevant nutrition education messages to each group.
- Equip participants with the necessary skills to be able identify the good and the bad practices in Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF).
- Share Nutrition Concepts and methods to the Participants so that they will be able to communicate them after words with different community groups, including adolescent boys and girls, in simple terms.
- Equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills to use the relevant concepts and methods when addressing specifically to the nutrition needs of women, men, adolescent boys and girls.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Delivering nutrition, health and.
Trainees with needed s
To apply for this position: Submission of applications – to include Cover letter and updated CV (maximum three pages) should be Submitted only via email to [email protected] with Vacancy Announcement- Nutrition Training Consultant in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 21th November 2017 at 17:00hrs Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.