Job at Banyan Global: Enabling Environment Director (Deadline: 08 August 2017)
Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful economic development projects on the African continent and around the world, is recruiting an Enabling Environment Director for an anticipated USAID-funded economic strengthening project in Rwanda. The project aims to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate greater employment at a higher wage for Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other low income economic activities.
- Provide overall management and leadership promoting a conducive enabling environment for emerging enterprises in Rwanda, with an emphasis on reducing barriers to new investment.
- Work with the Government of Rwanda (GoR) to ensure that project activities align with government initiatives, and assist the GoR to continue strengthening the policy environment for emerging enterprises.
- Liaise and coordinate with workforce development initiatives funded by USAID, GoR, and others to facilitate linkages between qualified graduates and emerging employment opportunities.
- Participate in project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation as it relates to business development support, ensuring that all targets are met.
- Advanced degree in public policy, business administration, economics, or other relevant field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in policy and advocacy, trade and investment, economic growth, enterprise development, or other related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of the policy environment, specifically regarding trade and investment, affecting small and medium-sized enterprises in Rwanda
- Knowledge and understanding of the workforce development initiatives in Rwanda
- Familiarity with constraints and opportunities related to rural enterprises and livelihoods
- Excellent project management, communication, writing and computer skills
- Ability to negotiate, manage and build partnerships
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working on USAID projects is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Please no phone calls.