Job at Banyan Global : Operations and Finance Director (Deadline: 08 August 2017)
More information about this job
Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful economic development projects on the African continent and around the world, is recruiting an Operations and Finance Director for an anticipated USAID-funded economic strengthening project in Rwanda. The project aims to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate greater employment at a higher wage for Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other low income economic activities.
- Contribute to the program’s overall management and leadership by playing a full, active and constructive part on the senior management team.
- Provide expertise and advice to the management team on finance related issues (including financial planning and performance, and the development of financial reports to reflect progress and risks for grants and projects), ensuring that the organization’s finances are managed wisely, accurately and timely.
- Establish systems, and provide coaching and financial oversight of grants, to ensure compliance with USAID policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Verify accuracy of invoices, expense reports and other accounting.
- Assist with check disbursements and other accounts payable functions.
- Liaise with other field offices, auditors, creditors, donors, officials, banks, grantees and Banyan Global headquarters.
- Assure compliance with in-country accounting and norms and procedures as well as legal obligations (registrations, labor code, human resources, etc.).
- Supervise all necessary security and risk prevention measures.
- Support leadership to assess risks faced by Banyan Global in implementing the project.
- Maintain administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Negotiate with vendors to secure the best conditions for procuring goods, supplies and others in compliance with USAID and Banyan Global policies and procedures.
- Keep the work environment clean, organized and effective, establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules and maintaining equipment.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Relevant experience of 7-10 years in a similar or related capacity, Prior experience with a USAID project preferred
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, with strong experience in Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience in accounting and strategic financial management
- Experience managing staff and supervising activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Please no phone calls.