Job at Belgian development agency, Enabel: Project Controller (Deadline: 17 February 2019)
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Belgian development agency, Enabel, mobilizes its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. Enabel contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world.
Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity.
Enabel with the partnership of REG (Rwanda Energy Group) is implementing different programmes in the energy sector in both REG branches (EUCL and EDCL) with a portfolio of 39 million Euros.
In view of the further development of its activities Enabel is currently looking for a f/m Project Controller (PC) who will be managing and coordinating the administrative and finance processes, procurement and contract management for its projects in EDCL.
Under the direct supervision of the International Responsible for Administration and Finance (RAFI), the Project Controller’s mission will be to ensure the quality of administrative and financial information on which Program Management Units base their decisions and the effectiveness with which operations are conducted and contributing to the achievement of the objectives in the sector.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
Duration of the contract: Open-ended – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law
Probable starting date: as soon as possible
Salary package: competitive salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
The Enabel appointed PC is responsible for the operational tasks related to Procurement, financial management and administration:
In general, (s) he will:
- Collaborate with financial, procurement and administrative staff, and ensure good communication, information and cooperation within the financial administration team.
- Ensure compliance with legal and administrative procedures and guidelines; checks and reinforces financial guidelines and procedures of Enabel and Ministry of Finance (for direct management) in addition to the Rwandan regulations (for co-management), including the Specific Agreement, the Technical Financial File (TFF), the Enabel quality handbook and any guidelines provided from Brussels or Rwandan legal texts.
- Ensure all instructions received from the RAFI are correctly applied and followed and that the requests are met within the deadline.
- Apply guidelines and system of all types of payments in project.
- Support the RAFI in coordinating the procurement process and contract management.
Financial activity reporting
- Assist the RAFI in review and preparation of timely financial and ad hoc reports;
- Provide guidance and supervision to the accountant who produces the financial statements.
- Make electronic back-up of final versions of financial reports.
Budgeting and financial planning
- Assist the RAFI in budget follow up and update;
- Assist the RAFI in short-and long-term financial planning and cash management.
Auditing, monitoring, Compliance
- Assist the RAFI in audit/review and analyse project expenses monthly, report any inconsistencies or irregularities.
- Control supporting accounting documents on quality and completeness and follow up on corrections by the accountant.
- Review and monitor financial issues related to technical project components (e.g. accountability of beneficiaries and institutions) and proposes solutions.
- Develop action plans based on audit reports and implement them
- Assisting internal and/or external financial audit missions.
- Any other tasks reasonably requested.
Procurement, contracts, and logistics
- Ensure that all contractual obligations, including all the documents required for the payments of the Contractor are done in compliance with the Contract and in due time.
- Maintain appropriate systems and tools to ensure control of payments; facilitate implementation of a clear system for effective management of contract enquiries, claims, issues, disputes, variations and risks between contractors and the project.
- Analyse payments of public contracts (contract follow-up sheet, availability/validity of required guarantees, presence of acceptance reports, compliance with contractual payment clauses) and propose the appropriate way forward;
- Organize and oversee the management of vehicles (planning of work for drivers, fuel consumption follow-up, timely maintenance, etc.);
- Ensure proper management of the inventories.
Coordinate the financial and administrative team of the project
- Assist the project management to set-up adequate organization in terms of roles and responsibilities;
- Work with EDCL/EARP Director of General Services to keep and update project employees’ records/files;
- Ensure the correct application of the administrative procedures of the Enabel as well as local legislation (including HR management with the HR focal point);
- Coordination of the administrative and finance staff (Accountants, Procurement Specialists, Administrative Assistant, Contract Management Specialist and Drivers).
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Business Economics;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial management, or audit;
- Rwandan Nationality
- Excellent knowledge of financial and administrative management.
- Very good hands-on knowledge of excel and word. Other programs (Database, accounting programs) are a strong advantage;
- Proficient in English. Working knowledge of French is an asset;
- Strong reporting, writing, analytical and organization skills;
- Experience in human resources management and procurement is an asset;
- Working experience with an international organization or NGO is an asset;
- Knowledge of financial management in the public sector or risk management is an asset;
- Mature, good communicator and team player;
- Ability to work independently;
- Accurate and pro-active;
- Able to work under stressful conditions and not objecting to field missions.
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents including detailed Curriculum Vitae, copy of diploma, copies of training certificates, past and current employment certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), motivation letter, names of three former supervisors as well as their emails and telephone numbers to [email protected] not later than 17th February 2019. Only online applications are accepted.
Please send one single PDF document which includes all the required documents and name it as follow “Project Controller_Applicant’s name”, otherwise the application will be rejected. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, February 07, 2019
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda