JOB AT BeneFactors ltd : Accountant and Administration Officer
Accountant and Administration Officer
KG 622 St, Kigali, Rwanda
BeneFactors ltd is a factoring company, providing working capital to Rwandan SMEs. We are a small team of 7 fulltime staff, looking for an energetic and dynamic team member with an accountancy background to join our office in Kimihurura.
The Accountant and Administration Officer is responsible for managing the company’s books, making payments, printing EBM receipts, and managing our office facilities and internal documents. You will keep track of our assets, updating our internal database daily, always ensuring our data is up to date and correct. There will be some degree of ad hoc work, completing requests as they arise.
The Accountant and Administrative Officer will report directly to the CEO, while working closely with our external accounting partner on technical matters and account managers on client matters. Compensation is commensurate with experience, including medical insurance, RSSB contributions and gym membership. For the right candidate, we will consider paying for professional training programmes such as CPA exams and business English classes. BeneFactors invests heavily in our employees’ professional development and will be happy to support you achieve your goals.
Objectives and Key Results:
· Manage company books using Xero accounting software, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly reports, with support from our external accounting partner, Jali Partners
· Manage transfers to clients and reconcile payments received
· Ensure taxes and other payments are made to our suppliers, creditors, employees and others. Print EBM receipts and manage communication with RRA (taxes are declared by our accounting partner)
· Making basic forecasts of operations expenses and managing this budget
· Keeping our accounting notes and administrative operations manual up to date, with support from the accounting partner and CEO
· Follow up on all payment matters, resolving issues as they arise with our banking partners, both domestically and internationally
· Reconcile transfers in our internal database, supporting the CEO prepare periodic portfolio reports to investors and BNR
· Manage the company’s office, including our digital filing system
· Manage employee benefits schemes such as bonuses, lunch, English classes and more
· Other administrative tasks as they arise
· Academic qualification in accounting or similar field, with a desire to obtain CPA certification, if not obtained already
· 1-2 years prior experience working in book-keeping, inventory management or administration. Experience using Xero accounting software is a strong plus
· Intermediate IT skills, especially proficient in Microsoft Excel and online document storage systems such as Google drive. Experience working with online project management software is a plus
· Time management skills and attention to detail
· Strong communication skills, both internally and externally
· Numerical and math skills
· Reliable and determined, pushing back when needed. You should be motivated by getting things done
· Self-starting and proactive
· Experience working in a fast-paced office environment is a strong plus
· Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. French and Swahili proficiency is a plus
Applications will be accepted until July 1st 2019, and interesting candidates will be given one or more technical tasks to complete before being invited for an interview. Interviews will be held in the first week of July, with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible after that.
Any job offer is contingent on presenting clean police and credit reports as well as two references, other than relatives, who can attest to your character. BeneFactors is an equal opportunities employer.