Job at BRALIRWA : Legal Officer (Deadline: 31 May 2018)
Function: MD’s Office
Sub Function: Legal
Type of Contract: Permanent
Education: 03 – Bachelors
BRALIRWA Ltd, part of the Heineken Company, is engaged in the production, distribution and sales of a wide range of beer and beverage brands. A career with BRALIRWA offers great challenges combined with exciting opportunities to own and grow one’s career in line with their aspirations.
BRALIRWA Ltd seeks to hire a qualified, dedicated & experienced Legal Officer, reporting to the Company Secretary.
- Support in providing legal advice to the company with regard to employment matters and other issues like Insurance and clients
- Periodical evaluation of the application of laws and regulations, of Company statutes, its internal rules and procedures
- Provide legal advice to BRALIRWA staff on the actions to be taken that may implicate the company
- Be the point of contact for contracted law firms and support in providing all required documentations
- Receive reports in relation to court hearings, give opinions and follow up on company litigations with the external law firms
- Prepare a biannual report on the evolution of litigations
- Support in drafting and reviewing company documents
- Draft, analyze contracts, memorandums of understanding and agreements and give opinions where necessary
- Analyse, review and give opinions on the contracts from third parties before they are approved
- Carry out all administrative formalities in relation to deeds and tittles of the company
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in legal advisory services most preferably in a commercial setting.
- Understanding of the relevant Rwandan Laws
- Report writing skills and working knowledge of MS Office packages-Word & Excel
- Must have language proficiency in English, French and Kinyarwanda
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to https://careers.theheinekencompany.com/
If this is your first time applying online via our careers website, you will need to register along with your application details. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Note that this site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts, please make use of them.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered. In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know through email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email). The closing date for submission of applications is Friday, 31st May 2018.
Bralirwa Ltd does not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. The scammers’ request for the payment of fees may come after we have placed job adverts. Bralirwa Ltd and its personnel do not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or any other fees). BRALIRWA Ltd does not concern itself with information regarding any fraudulent transactions. Any requests for such payment or information should be refused and reported to Management/Police for appropriate action.