Job at Business Development Fund (BDF) : Legal Officer (Deadline: 14 August 2018)
BDF would like to recruit competent and qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Position: One (1) Legal Officer
Report to: Legal & M&E Manager
The purpose of this position is to ensure all legal affairs are done properly. This includes the conclusion and management of contracts and memoranda of understanding with partner institutions, as well as legal claims towards external and third parties; provide legal advice with regard to all BDF binding engagements.
- Ensure mortgage and shareholding registrations are done properly and in the timely manner (before any disbursement)
- Ensure the guarantee commission fee are properly renewed on time
- Prepare all contracts/Agreements between BDF and different stakeholders/suppliers/vendors etc.
- Provide legal advice where necessary
- Prepare request for disbursement after verifying whether all legal documents are in place
- Prepare legal cases to be submitted to the external lawyer and follow up on the status
- Recover all the amount due (outstanding balance) and produce a recovery report
- Prepare all the required legal documents the prior registration of mortgage and follow up in RDB until BDF gets the mortgage certificates before disbursement.
- Liaise with a Financial institution in partnership with BDF to get an outstanding balance of all BDF guarantees and prepare renewals
- Submit the work done to the direct supervisor for review and approval
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A degree in Business law and other related fields. A postgraduate qualification in these fields will be an added advantage.
- 3 years working experience in Banking Sector.
- Must be Rwandan
- Not more than 35years
Key skills required
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge in Corporate Governance
- Knowledge in legal and commercial analyses
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
Note: Only those shortlisted will be communicated.
How to apply: Please submit your application letter with Curriculum Vitae, notified copies of academic and professional certificates, copies of Identity card and contact details of three references to BDF office Reception, M.Peace Plaza, Fifth Floor,Kigali: KN 4Av, to attention of Human Resource and Administration Manager not later than 14th August,2018 at 4P.M