Job at Business Professionals Network : Business Coach (Deadline: 06 August 2018)
BPN Business Coach
Help us shape the future of Rwanda.
BPN stands for Business Professionals Network: http://www.bpn.rw. It is a Swiss Non-profit organization which strives to support the development of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), in order to create jobs and fight poverty. BPN provides Training and Coaching services as well as Equipment Loans to SMEs so they can grow their businesses sustainably.
Our employees are people with a passion for serving others. Join our devoted team!
The BPN Business Coach accompanies Entrepreneurs on their growth Journey.
The journey starts with thoroughly understanding the actual status of the Business and helping the entrepreneur prepare a Five years strategic Expansion plan. It continues with mentoring the entrepreneur during the implementation of his Expansion plan.
We are looking for a charismatic, strong personality with people Management experience, who is familiar with doing Business in Rwanda and who has the ability to assess entrepreneurs’ potential of growth while exercising a serving attitude.
- Working closely with BPN Entrepreneurs mainly in manufacturing, processing, including but not limited to production of construction materials and real estate development.
- Introducing Business Principles to Entrepreneurs using BPN’s Business Academy material
- Helping BPN Entrepreneurs convert their ideas into executable Business cases
- Being a mentor on strategy, finance, marketing, sales and personal development.
- Running Business Plan and Bookkeeping workshops
- Offering additional Workshops on demand
- Doing Publication on topics related to entrepreneurship
- General administration tasks as assigned
- Degree, equivalent to a four-year college or University degree with a major in economics and/or Civil Engineering
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (excellent writing and oral skills)
- Additional language skills would be a plus.
- Between 30 – 40 years
Professional Experience skills
- Three – five years related experience in Managing a private Business and/or working with Entrepreneurs.
- Work experience related to real estate construction in Rwanda would be a plus.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in Managing a Business or business coaching
- International exposure: at least 2 years studying or working in a country other than
Rwanda or 2 years of working with an international organization.
- Ability to perform the technical SME Advisory work including the selection of potential entrepreneurs, training, and coaching.
- Usage of modern Business communication tools including letter styles and formats, memoranda, minutes, and reports in a professional manner.
- Ability to use a personal computer and various software packages. MS Office is a must
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and deliver results
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Ability to interact with clients and partners with a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Good knowledge of Rwanda
- Passion to serve others
- Firm in decision making
- Good listener
- Team player
- Strongly objective and result oriented
- Disciplined, diligent and well structured
- High standards of quality (order, punctuality, representative attitude)
- High self-motivation, structured, independent working style with high attention to details
- Reliable and efficient in working under pressure
- Enthusiasm for social responsibilities
- A vision and a heart for Rwanda
Place of work
- Kacyiru, Kigali
- Readiness to travel across the country
We are looking forward to receiving your application as well as passport photo on [email protected]. The deadline for submission for applications is at 5:00 pm, on Monday 6th August 2018.
Please note that due to high demand; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.