Job at Capital Market Authority : LEGAL AND CORPORATE AFFAIRS MANAGER CMA (Deadline: 20th August 2018)
Capital Market Authority
LEGAL AND CORPORATE AFFAIRS MANAGER CMA Background and mission:
Capital Market Authority (CMA) is a public institution established by Law No.23 /2017 of 31/05/2017 responsible for developing and regulating the capital markets industry, commodities exchange and related contracts, collective investment schemes and warehouse receipts system. CMA was previously referred to as the Capital Market Advisory Council (CMAC) which was a council established by Prime Minister’s Order NO 01/03 of 28 March 2007 to initially guide the development of a Capital Market in Rwanda.
In order to fulfill its mandate, CMA is looking for a capable Rwandan for the position of Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director Key responsibilities:
- Providing legal advice to the CMA on legal and compliance matters relating to capital market industry
- Drafting required laws and regulations for an affective regulation of Rwanda’s Capital Market Industry
- To identify the risks that capital market industry faces and advise on how to mitigate them
- To design and implement control measures to protect the industry from risks that can hinder its development
- Handling of legal claims, processes and client disputes
- Performing surveillance and monitoring of market participants
Qualifications and experience:
- To be Rwandan
- University degree holder in Law with at least 7 years of working experience in legal drafting and advisory roles or having a Master’s degree in law with at least 3 years post experience handling legal drafting, advisory and handling corporate / legislative reforms and undertaking of company secretary functions
- Excellent command in spoken and written English, French and Kinyarwanda
- Be able to work independently and have good legal drafting, negotiation, presentation and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Some legal and compliance experience in a regulatory agency could be an added advantage.
- Some knowledge on Rwanda’s Capital Market Legal and Regulatory framework could also be an added advantage
Mode of application
Interested candidates should forward an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, filled application form (to be
downloaded on CMA website) relevant degrees, copy of National ID and support documents for working experiences.
Applications should be addressed to the Acting Executive Director of Capital Market Authority (CMA) to reach the CMA offices located at RSSB Building tower 2 (peage) 5th Floor, by 20th August 2018. Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted.
Done at Kigali 13th August 2018