Job at Caritas Rwanda: Enumerators (Deadline: 10 April 2017)
Caritas Rwanda is a non-profit organization registered officially by Ministerial older No 499/08 of 01/02/1963; amended trough the Ministerial order No 015/11 of 14/02/2005.
Its mission is to assist people in needs and foster for the whole human being. Caritas Rwanda has more than 50 years of working experience in building poor families resiliency through agricultural, health, nutrition, WASH and social welfare activities.
Caritas Rwanda in her program Gimbuka implemented under the Cooperative agreement AID-696-A-12-00003 signed with USAID since September 12th 2012 to September 11th 2020. Gimbuka, Bugesera, Gatsibo, Nyagatare, Rwamagana, Ngororero, Nyabihu, Rutsiro and Karongi, in total 112 Sectors) are covered with OVCs program but only 9 districts (Karongi, Muhanga, Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, Ruhango, Gatsibo, Ngororero, Rutsibo and Karongi, in total 27 sectors) are covered with the nutrition and WASH component. A specific focus is made to Ruhango District which is being totally covered for nutrition activities.
Gimbuka activities focus on areas such as growth monitoring and promotion for young children, OVCs and their families affected by HIV/AIDS. It also intervenes in building capacity of targeted women to improve their well-being through increased income and improve their nutrition status, Hygiene and sanitation as well support of OVC/MVC to pursue their studies. Gimbuka program plans to conduct beneficiaries households assessment in order to evaluate in this regards, Gimbuka program wishes to recruit enumerators to assess the current status of households supported by this program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend training sessions
Test questionnaires designed by Gimbuka program;
- Conduct data collection by using tools designed by Gimbuka Program;
- Generate regular report and respond to inquiries regarding entered data as requested
- Document issued that arise during field work and communicate them to the field coordinator and supervisor
- Develop good relationship between interviewer and interviewed, this tend to minimize the error (having few information);
- Perform other duties as requested by Gimbuka program managers;
Minimum Requirement for this position
- At least bachelor’s degree in statistics; economics, Business Information Technology, development studies or any closely related discipline
- Experience in data collection, data entry and/or data analysis;
- Familiarity with statistical packages, such as SPSS;
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software, including Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Kinyarwanda and English (French an asset);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in rural areas and on weekends. If required
Willingness to travel for long periods of time;
- Sharp problem-solving skills
- Consistent punctuality
- Quick learner
The assignment will begin after signing contract with the best candidates and the final output shall be submitted to Caritas Rwanda.
How to Apply
Interest Candidates for this position and who meet the above requirement should email a one page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. no later than April 10th at 5:00 pm. only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.