Job at Catholic Relief Services (CRS): Driver (Deadline: 17 November 2017 )
Position Title: Driver
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to:Senior Logistics Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Catholic identity is at the heart of CRS mission and operations.
CRS started its activities in Rwanda in 1960 and is currently intervening in different sectors, including Agriculture & Food Security, Nutrition, Economic Strengthening & Rural Development, Institutional Strengthening and Peacebuilding. CRS projects are funded by various donors, including the US Government, the United Nations and CRS private funds. CRS/Rwanda prioritizes capacity building of local partners through ongoing projects.
The CRS driver is responsible for driving CRS staff, guests, partners and other associates. He/ She is also responsible of other key duties such as the regular maintenance of vehicles including to ensure that registration and insurance documents are kept up to date as well as providing basic logistics support to the program and support team.
- Drive staff/guests or partners in a safe, timely and controlled manner;
- Ensure proper use of CRS Vehicles in accordance with CRS travel and vehicles policies;
- Monitor and implement regular maintenance plan;
- Review maintenance Logs and recommend changes as necessary;
- Ensure all staff/guests or partners have and travel with appropriate authorizations as per applicable policies;
- Ensure that paper vehicle logs are maintained up to date;
- Support procurement and logistics activities through collection/distribution of documents and goods;
- Provide basic administrative support to the Programs when required.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Minimum valid driving license Category B and C
- High school certificate(A2) or 3 years Vocational/technical training certificate;
- Strong ability to read and interpret traffic policies and regulations
- Minimum of Three -three years’ experience driving experience, preferably for an International NGO;
- Having knowledge in mechanics automobile preferred;
- Basic knowledge in MS Office packages is advantageous;
- Able to communicate in basic written and spoken English or French.
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Physical fitness;
- Ability to work smoothly in a multi-cultural environment while building good team work sprit;
- High tolerance rate for working under pressure and dealing with diversified cultures and tense situations;
- Customer services approach;
- Ability to work diligently and independently
- Maturity and discretion.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- French and English as working languages.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Senior Logistics Officer, Procurement and Logistics Specialist and all staff
External: Partners and Guests
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Competencies Relevant for the Specific Position (include those that are applicable):
- Demonstrated strengths in driving with a strong client service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people and team oriented environment
- Strong customer orientation
- Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information
Supervisory responsibilities – None
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
How to apply
Electronic applications-Only a motivation letter and a current detailed CV should be addressed to the CRS Country Representative exclusively at [email protected] not later than Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:00pm. Due to anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali November 7, 2017