Job at Chemonics : Community-Government Engagement Team Lead l CITIES l Jordan l 2019 (Deadline: 04 February 2019)
Chemonics seeks a long-term Community-Government Engagement Team Lead. The Team Lead will be based in our head-office in Amman, with regular travel to other cities in Jordan, including overnight stays. The overall objective of USAID CITIES is to make municipal governance more effective in Jordan and to support the country’s decentralization process. Working through an integrated approach, USAID CITIES implements innovative and sustainable solutions to improve service delivery; increase sustainability of municipal and decentralized government operations; enhance citizen-government engagement; and foster community cohesion.
Working under the guidance of the Chief of Party, the overall objective of this assignment is to manage the community-government team and provide technical and managerial support, guidance and strategic vision to support partner municipalities. This includes designing and leading the programmatic activities and interventions to increase responsiveness of partner municipalities to community priorities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage and oversee the component’s relevant portions of the project annual work plans and MEL plans including timely and accurate data collection and supporting documentation.
- Provide required content for use in the project’s weekly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Support municipalities in implementing their communication and outreach plans including development of their identified communication tools – especially in the professional use of social media (Facebook) and development and effective use of municipal websites.
- Familiarity with the use of grants under contract as a resource in promoting increased quality and effectiveness of municipal-community outreach efforts.
- Facilitate municipality-led public meetings (i.e., Town Hall Meetings) throughout the life of the project.
- Develop relevant tools and work closely with the MEL Team to provide municipal-community outreach actors with identified trainings either directly or through consultants.
- Coach and mentor community engagement specialists to deliver relevant trainings to beneficiaries.
- Oversee the Citizen Engagement Specialists based in Amman and the hub offices.
- Coordinate closely with other donors and implementers who are providing similar support to municipalities to ensure collaboration and avoid duplication of efforts
- Degree in relevant discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience implementing related technical activities on donor-funded programs.
- Proven experience managing teams.
- Proven experience improving government responsiveness to citizen priorities, including in developing countries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in training and coaching in the design, use, and promotion of using social media (i.e. Facebook) and websites for enhancing municipal community outreach efforts.
- Experience working in Jordan preferred.
- Fluency in English required; Arabic fluency preferred.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached to [email protected] no later than February 4, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf