Job at Chemonics : Financial inclusion specialist l Feed the Future l Rwanda l 2019 (Deadline: 26 January 2018)
Chemonics seeks a financial inclusion specialist for the anticipated Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze Activity, funded by USAID. This five-year project aims to sustainably increase the availability, accessibility, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The financial inclusion specialist will support the development of strong, inclusive private sector ASF value chains, including improvements to livestock productivity and ASF markets. In addition, the financial inclusion specialist will increase demand for ASF by designing and strengthening behavior change communication materials to promote ASF consumption, delivering relevant messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives of this activity include empowering women, increasing youth employment, and engaging stakeholders in policy development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, or another relevant field
- At least four years of hands-on experience with financial inclusion projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries
- Demonstrated experience designing financial products for rural and marginalized communities
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements
- Experience with USAID or other donor–funded projects in Rwanda, ideally large multi-sectoral projects
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the private sector, government entities, community leaders, and international donors
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda required; proficiency in French preferred
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by January 26, 2019 through this link: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/ororawihaze_recruit_copy_1_copy_2. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.