Job at Chemonics Internatinal: Gender, youth and Social Inclusion Advisor (Deadline: 21 June 2017)
Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking a Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Advisor for the anticipated USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity. This five-year, $12-15 million project aims to increase off-farm employment opportunities by increasing the reach of entrepreneurship support organizations, enhancing the capacity of firms to attract and use finance, expanding financial sector capacity to assess risk and increase returns, and increasing private investment. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- A degree in social sciences, international development, or another closely related field
- Minimum five years of international development experience working on projects with gender-related components, providing technical assistance, conducting gender assessments, or designing and delivering gender-awareness training programs
- Experience integrating vulnerable populations, gender and youth to achieve project objectives and reach large numbers of women and youth beneficiaries
- Experience designing and developing an approach to address constraints and gaps in gender equality and youth development
- Experience with USAID programming highly preferred
- Experience working in East Africa, particularly in Rwanda
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Application Instructions: Please complete the application and submit CV, cover letter, and contact information by June 21, 2017 through this form. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. More information about Chemonics International can be found at www.chemonics.com.