Job at Chemonics :Monitoring, evaluation, and learning manager l Feed the Future l Rwanda l 2019 (Deadline: 26 January 2019)
Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) manager for the anticipated Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze Activity, funded by USAID. This five-year project aims to sustainably increase the availability, accessibility, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The MEL manager will support the development of strong, inclusive private sector ASF value chains, including improvements to livestock productivity and ASF markets. In addition, the MEL manager will increase demand for ASF by designing and strengthening behavior change communication materials to promote ASF consumption, delivering relevant messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives of this activity include empowering women, increasing youth employment, and engaging stakeholders in policy development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration, economics, or a related field (specialized training in MEL is required)
- Minimum of seven years of experience in positions with increasing responsibility, including some years in sub-Saharan Africa, monitoring and evaluating development projects preferred
- Experience designing and overseeing MEL data collection and reporting for agriculture/food security projects
- Demonstrated ability to implement, operationalize, and manage information collection and analysis systems
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage information databases using appropriate software applications
- Experience training, coaching, and mentoring teams in monitoring-related techniques and methods preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda required; proficiency in French preferred
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by January 26, 2019, through this link: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/ororawihaze_recruit_copy_1_copy_8. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.