Job at Chemonics: Senior Procurement Advisor (08 September 2017)
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Rwanda seeks to recruit a Senior Procurement Advisor to the Medical Procurement and Production Division (MPPD) reporting to the Technical Director or his designee.
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
Within GHSC-PSM, the Senior Procurement Advisor to the Medical Procurement and Production Division (MPPD) of the Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) will work closely with MPPD staff on receipt of health commodities at their warehousing facilities and on the payment process for warehousing management fees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare an annual technical assistance work plan and budget in cooperation with MPPD and in accordance with the USAID/Rwanda funding and planning cycle.
- Provide monthly product purchase orders as well as shipment and payment status reports to MPPD for all commodities procured by GHSC-PSM on behalf of the Government of Rwanda (GOR) and update MPPD about any change in the planned delivery schedule as per provided supply plan.
- Provide to MPPD a biweekly report of expected shipment (product shipment plan) to facilitate the organization of receiving process and storage space.
- Ensure all shipments comply with remaining shelf life requirements (At least 75% of remaining shelf life is required for products with less than two years and at least 85% remaining shelf life for products with two or more years’ total shelf life).
- Work with the Ministry of Health and Suppliers on the removal of any rejected goods.
- Oversee provision of technical assistance to MPPD, as outlined in the annual GHSC-PSM work plans.
- Responsible for tracking incoming shipments, reviewing completeness and accuracy of shipping and Proof of Delivery (POD) documentation, and confirming arrival of the right quantity and quality of delivered SCMS consignments.
- Maintain auditable records for all managed procured items, including approved supply plans and supporting documentation.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Technical Director.
- Support the achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
Required skills and qualifications
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain Management, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Technology, Public Health and other related field with experience in field of health commodities procurement.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) is strongly preferred
- Working experience with INCOTERMS rules 2010 is a must.
- At least five years’ experience in the procurement of health commodities, pharmaceuticals and laboratory reagents, consumables and supplies for HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, and MCH programs.
- Demonstrated experience on contract management and vendor pre-qualification.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships, particularly interacting productively, and comfortably with government agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints.
- Skilled in actively working in high-performing teams and independently deliver expected results
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and experience with a US Government contractor desired.
- Experienced in health procurement using USAID and US Government regulations.
- Knowledge of procuring medical products and/or medical equipment strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in either procurement, supply chain audits and or experience with supporting central medical stores is an added advantage
- Ability to prioritize, meets deadlines, and work on multiple tasks.
- Strong customer support skills, including responsiveness and ability to maintain professional working relationships at all levels of the company.
- Self-motivated, interest and experience in managing and supervising technical staff
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent spoken, writing and presentation skills in English.
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent travel as required.
The Senior Procurement Advisor to MPPD will report to the Technical Director.
Applications should include a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, copy of academic qualifications, three professional references, telephone number, and email address.
Applications should be sent to the GHSC-PSM Country Director at [email protected]. Please mention “Senior Procurement Advisor to MPPD Application” in the subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted in relation to the subject. Deadline for applications: September 08, 2017 at 13:00.