Job at Children’s Voice Today (CVT) : Project Coordinator (Deadline: 29 July 2018)
Children’s Voice Today (CVT)
POSITION: 1 Project Coordinator
Employer: Children’s Voice Today
Job Location: Based in Kigali with frequent travels to the field
Deadline: 29th July 2018 at 5:00pm
- Children’s Voice Today (CVT) is an organisation that was established to promote the rights of the child through meaningful child participation where children/youth initiate and lead all activities of the organisation (Child/youth led organisation).
- Children’s Voice Today (CVT) Rwanda is a member of the African Movement of Working Children and Youth (AMWCY) which was established by children and youth themselves to find solutions to the problems of working children and youth while promoting their rights and creating a safe environment for all children.
- Children’s Voice Today (CVT) is envisioning a child-friendly society whereby children are empowered to meaningfully participate in addressing issues affecting them and that their voices are heard.
- With its mission, CVT is committed to be the voice of Rwandan children, to empower them to advocate for their rights and to fight against poverty.
- Children Voice Today (CVT), in partnership with Plan International Rwanda, is implementing a project funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) known as ‘Right to Protection and Participation in Rwanda’. The project started since 2017 and is going to be implemented in three Districts (Nyaruguru, Gatsibo, and Bugesera).
- Under this framework, CVT is recruiting for the above mentioned Project Coordinator who will support its implementation:
Core Work Responsibilities
- Be responsible to support the day-to-day management of the project to ensure its effective, efficient and cost-sensitive management.
- Ensure the annual and quarterly planning, implementation of activities, monitoring/reviewing of activities, timely reporting as per project agreement.
- Contribute to the planning (annual planning and medium-term planning) of the projects as well as to the overall planning and management of the program under the guidance of the program manager
- Provide technical inputs to projects as requested by the programme manager
Budget Management and Fundraising
- Be responsible for budget management of the project from facilitating budget planning, regular budget projection, expenditure monitoring, and budget reporting, in compliance with CVT system and procedures, and with guidance and collaboration with the line manager
- Participate in the process of drafting proposal and identifying the issues of budget planning and implementation and support the line manager and other staff in drafting fundraising proposals or conducting fundraising initiatives.
- Produce and submit quality budget monitoring report on a regular basis as per donor agreement
- Advise on the budget revision on the basis of the progress of the project implementation
- Ensure the overall coordination of the project activities in districts of interventions
- Coordinate the activity plans of the project officers
- Coordinate with other interveners in the field to ensure the synergy and complementarity
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning / Research
- Produce project implementation plan
- Monitor, document and report the level of implementation of the project
- Support the field officers to planning, evaluation and review meetings
- Ensure the compilation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative project data and the production of the report.
- In collaboration and with guidance of the line manager, be responsible for the elaboration of progress, annual and other types of narrative and financial reports to CVT and relevant partners
Representation and networking
- Represent the project with relevant partners, and if in public areas/arenas– in consultation with line manager
- Link/communicate/learn with other organisations/projects to learn relevant experiences, foster cooperation for synergies and collaboration in consultation with the line manager and keeping the latter and other staff members updated.
- Communicate and provide technical support for and liaison with other teams, as required.
- Comply with the requirements of CVT Child Protection Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
- University degree in project management, statistics, economics or any other related social sciences
- At least 3 years working experience in children’s rights arena and child protection in particular
- Ability to organize and coordinate complex activities within interrelated schedules and timelines
- Demonstrated facilitation, negotiation, advocacy and networking skills
- Commitment to rights based approach to programming and monitoring of the implementation of child rights treaties
- Good project management skills, including participatory budgeting and monitoring;
- Good monitoring and evaluation knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills and high team working spirit
- Excellent communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda (both written and oral communication skills)
- Computer Literacy
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Approachable and good listening skills
- Community mobilisation skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Skills in training facilitation
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with the team, colleagues, members and external partners.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send their application letter written in English along with their CV and proof of experience to: [email protected] before the 29th July 2018, at 5:00pm. The CV should include 3 referees with their address. Please include The Job Title in the subject line of your email.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.