Job at Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) : Senior Analyst (Deadline:28 February 2019 )
TITLE: Senior Analyst
Job Location: Kigali
Type: Full-Time Paid
Start date: Mid-March, 2019
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in Low-and Middle-Income Countries(LMICs), while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI Rwanda is expanding its work in cancer diagnostics and treatment area, as such supporting government to advance selected priorities. New diagnostics and treatment technologies will be introduced, as well as taking to scale cancer related services The Senior Analyst will assist the government by providing analytical support to the Cancer Unit in RBC to ensure evidence-based programming. He/ She will work with RBC, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies to introduce innovative cancer therapies in the country. The Senior Analyst will report administratively to CHAI Cancer Program Manager and will take programmatic direction from the RBC Cancer Unit management, in order to provide critical analytical and strategic support to the program. The position holder will also work closely with CHAI global cancer team, will join global cancer networks, as well as other stakeholders in the country to bring her/his expertise in the area
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with analytical ability, project management and interpersonal skills. The Senior Analyst must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI Rwanda places great value on personal qualities including resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence and strong work ethic.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Collect data required for costing cancer care where applicable and available
- Conduct costing of cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Work closely with RBC Cancer unit on relevant assignments
- Organize and sensitize key stakeholders on costing outputs and provide appropriate and feasible recommendations
- Support hospital capacity assessment and synthesize results in preparation for roll out of the program
- Participate in and facilitate meetings related to planning and implementation of the innovative cancer medicines program
- Conduct quantification of innovative medicines based on the cancer burden in Rwanda
- Develop a supply plan for cancer medicines and monitor the stock pipeline to ensure consistent availability
- Develop a comprehensive costed training and infrastructure improvement plan for Rwanda
- Investigate and support the regulatory pathway for the entry of innovative medicines into Rwanda
- Effectively represent CHAI in relevant forums
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies:
- Master’s degree in public health/epidemiology or related area with preferably a Bachelor’s degree in a medical field
- 3-5 years of experience in an analyst role.
- Experience in managing M&E aspects of health-related research projects.
- Ability to identify key gaps and recommend practical, realistic interventions for operational improvement
- Ability to Design, Develop and support Dashboards and Reports
- Deep understanding of best practices for visual display of quantitative data Strong understanding of the analytics work stream and its business objectives (data extraction, manipulation, cleansing; descriptive exploratory data analysis; statistical modeling; presentation of analysis results)
- Deep curiosity on how to look at data from different angles, to gain insights and understandings that are not always obvious
- Extremely analytical mindset; able to work backwards from questions to define and create the appropriate analysis, model or process
- High level of proficiency in computer packages including MS Excel, stata, SPSS, Word, PowerPoint and Google Apps
- High attention to detail and organization; able to account for and articulate the exact impact of changes in inputs on changes in output
- Proactive nature; motivated and comfortable in a less structured work setting and multicultural
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal) with creative thinking capabilities and ability to deal with multiple or competing demands environment
- Ability to work with data that may not be organized, documented, nor stored in centralized tables
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and a resume to the following email address:
[email protected] not later than February 28th, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.