Job at Clinton Health Access Initiative : Senior Associate, M&E
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit:http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Viral Hepatitis (HCV) Program in Rwanda commenced its support to the Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) in late 2014. The major barrier to treatment for Hepatitis C (Hep C) worldwide and in Rwanda is the extremely high cost of drugs. CHAI has been working in partnership with RBC over the last several years to develop hepatitis guidelines, cost a national program, and assist in drug price negotiations for Hepatitis C. In parallel to the support around Hep C, CHAI is also supporting the Government of Rwanda in its program for the care and management of Hepatitis B (Hep B). With CHAI’s support, Rwanda aims to treat all patients infected with viral hepatitis B & C by expanding access to affordable Hepatitis C medications, which may be included in the Rwandan Community Based Health Insurance Scheme, and implementation of the universal vaccine to prevent mother to child transmission of Hepatitis B.
The Senior Associate, Monitoring & Evaluation will assist the government by providing analytical support to the National Hepatitis Program to ensure evidence-based programming. The Senior Associate will support the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and data dissemination framework of the National Hepatitis program. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the program. The Senior Associate will report administratively to the CHAI Hepatitis Program Manager and will take programmatic direction from the National Hepatitis Program management, in order to provide critical analytical and strategic support to the program.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with fast-paced work. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. They should have proven ability at capacity building others as this will be an integral part of the role. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Support the design of data management tools, systems, dashboards, analytics frameworks and innovations to ensure continuous and harmonized data collection, validation, analysis for monitoring and evaluation of program performance;
- Synthesize program performance data/information and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions and other measures;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of implementation activities through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, initiating data reviews and contributing program evaluations;
- Contribute to public health research study design and execution, including the design of sampling methodologies, determination of study sample sizes, collection of management and analysis of study data;
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Master’s degree in public health/epidemiology or a related technical field, plus at least 3 years work experience. An advanced qualification in public health/epidemiology is an added advantage
- Demonstrated understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated very strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications
- Familiarity with conducting statistical analyses using relevant software such as R, Stata, SA, etc.
- Previous experience managing M&E aspects of health related research projects
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations
- Ability to evaluate systems holistically and advise on effectiveness of program, systems or procedures
- Ability to identify key gaps and recommend practical, realistic interventions for operational improvement
- Highly entrepreneurial with strong self-motivation
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with creative thinking capabilities
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations
- Practical project management experience
- High level of confidentiality and knowledge of research ethics
Need help finding the right job?