Job at CNFA: MEL Communications Officer – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore (Deadline: 17 December 2017)
MEL Communications Officer – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 43 countries.
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a MEL Communications Officer.
Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- 5 years of experience in communications and media, including managing and launching promotional events and materials for donor-funded projects;
- Bachelors or higher in Media, Communication, Development, or a related field;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kinyarwanda are required; Knowledge of French is an asset;
- Experience working on USAID branding and marking strategy, including the development of one-pagers, sector-specific fact sheets, and success stories, a plus;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at https://www.cnfa.org/job/mel-communications-officer-rwanda-nguriza-nshore/. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.