Job at CNFA : Senior Accountant (Deadline: 17 August 2017)
Program Description Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
The primary objective of the Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze activity is to sustainably increase smallholders farmers income, improve nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate.
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, the Senior Accountant will lead preparation of the program’s expenditures and reporting system. S/he will be responsible for monitoring the overall financial reporting system. The Accountant will also prepare and present financial reports, analysis, and recommendations concerning relevant financial issues. Additionally, the Accountant will maintain the Accounts Payable Ledger and Check Register.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Accounts Payable Ledger and Check Register;
- Monitor bank account balances (money market & operating accounts);
- Verify accuracy of expenses and expense reporting from sub-contractors;
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy and run checks twice a week;
- Verify cash balance on a monthly basis;
- Review work on collections and advance repayments;
- Verify petty cash register;
- Review invoices for rent and other expenses;
- Maintenance of all equipment contracts and insurance policies;
- Prepare payroll processing;
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automated financial reporting systems to track financial performance of CNFA and its affiliates;
- Prepare the accounting functions in closing the books and reports;
- Work directly with external auditors on a variety of technical accounting issues
- Providing assistance with internal or external audit requirements.
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree required in accounting or a relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting with at least 3 year within the International Non-Governmental Organization’s (NGO) sector;
- Proficiency in Excel and other relevant accounting software;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Fluency in English;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded programs a plus;
- Strong attention to details and high degree of integrity, accountability, energy and flexibility.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
Women are encouraged to apply.