Job at COGEBANQUE : Commercial Director (Deadline: 10 December 2018 )
Commercial Director determines and updates the Bank’s Business development policy, lead a team under his/her supervision and apply the business strategies in compliance with the general bank strategies.
The role is also responsible for identifying and utilizing appropriate platform to drive business growth, raise brand awareness and ensure that the strategies are successful in generating and contributing to business growth, revenue generation and implementation of the banks strategic objectives and business plans.
General and Behavioral
– Managing and influencing others
– Excellent oral and written communication
– High level of creativity and innovation
– Good planning and organisation skills
– Excellent analytical skills
– Good problem solving and analysis
– Excellent relationship building and networking
Education & Qualification
– At least a Masters in Business Administration, Commerce, Banking or other related field
– 10 years with at least 5 years at a senior managerial level in Sales, Marketing and Branding within the banking industry.
– Understanding various business banking segments and banking operations.
– Understanding of product development and research.
• Develop and drive the bank’s business development strategies to ensure achievement of targets, sufficient brand awareness and positioning.
• Develop overall marketing, product and business development objectives and plans and monitor performance against the strategic plan and performance standards.
• Develop strategic-level collaborative partnerships and strategic relationships that will maximise and add value to the growth of the bank while mitigating the risk and exposure to the bank.
• Take lead in advising and giving strategic direction to the bank for Corporate, Commercial, High net worth, and retail banking, ensuring that the strategy is all inclusive.
II. Research and development
• Develop, manage and review the bank’s research strategy and initiatives. Ensuring product awareness and tracking perceptions about needs, products & service and brand etc.
• Provide a baseline for new product development and determine the needs and wants of the respective target markets so as to respond to customer expectations, and business needs.
• Lead in the development of an all-inclusive Business Development budget that will ensure a superior return on investment.
IV. Business growth
• Lead the savings mobilization, product development, customer segmentation, targeted marketing and promotions.
• Coordinate and lead the implementation of promotions and public relations activities to promote the bank’s brand, products and services.
• Manage and grow the business, together with developing and implementing critical concepts that will result in business growth in terms of numbers and reach.
• Manage and champion the bank’s delivery channels strategy.
• Oversee business units (Corporate, SME and Retail) and branches
V. People management
• Lead departmental staff in a manner that empowers them to deliver the objectives of the banks strategic reflecting the banks mission, vision and core value