Job at DAI : Accountant (Deadline: 30 June 2018)
SCOPE OF WORK
Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of Nguriza Nshore (“Lend so that I may invest”) is to drive rural economic growth through facilitating the emergence of a dynamic agribusiness sector.
By alleviating constraints to investment and increasing access to financing, Nguriza Nshore will facilitate the creation and growth of small to medium agribusinesses, as an entry point for broader growth, to provide productive employment for rural populations and reduce poverty. By working with financial institutions, investors, public and private sector business development service providers, and a variety of Government of Rwanda ministries and initiatives, Nguriza Nshore will be the catalyst that strengthens and improves existing public-private platforms that support investment from international, local, bank and non-bank sources, creating a better-functioning finance and investment ecosystem.
The Accountant reports to the Director of Finance and Administration. He/she will:
- Establish, customize, and maintain financial systems and records, including Field Expense Reports (FERs), vouchers, petty cash management tools, and payroll
- Prepare payment vouchers and enter transactions into accounting system per DAI policies, ensuring accuracy and proper documentation
- Lead establishment of project bank and petty cash account setup
- Identify options and establish systems for financing regional activities and operations
- Ensure adherence to internal/external controls for administering project funds
- Lead account reconciliations and regular uploading
- Help recruit, hire and train local field finance staff
- Prepare bi-monthly field expense uploads, in cooperation with Director/Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Ensure compliance with DAI policy USAID regulations
- Ensure non-billable expenditures are kept to a minimum, and work closely with DAI home office staff to resolve outstanding non-billable expenditures
- Communicate regularly with DAI home office finance personnel
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree is preferred in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in donor-funded programs, with progressive responsibility in accounting or financial management
- Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex and volatile environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Professional level oral and written skills in English.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Interested candidates should apply here: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/form19/index.html by June 30, 2018.