Job at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) : Advisor for ICT Sector Development (Deadline: 03 August 2018 )
Advisor for ICT Sector Development
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy.
The program ‘Promotion of Economy and Employment’ (EcoEmploi) is part of the priority area ‘Sustainable Economic Development’ of the Rwandan-German Development Cooperation. With the objective, that ‘selected public and private actors have implemented employment-generating measures’ and therewith contributing significantly to job generation in Rwanda, the program is based on an integrated approach of Private Sector Development, TVET/Skills Development and Labour Market interventions in the selected economic sectors ICT, Wood, Tourism, E-Commerce and Creative Industries.
GIZ Rwanda is searching for a candidate for the position of Advisor for ICT Sector Development for “Promotion of Economy and Employment program” (EcoEmploi). The Advisor will be based in Kigali Eco-emploi office and he/ She will report to the Principal Technical Advisor as disciplinary supervisor, and to the ICT Lead Advisor as technical supervisor.
The Advisor will be responsible for:
- Coordinating interventions of the EcoEmploi program in the field of ICT sector support
- Supporting implementation of ICT project activities of selected partners
- Providing inputs to the capacity development strategy of partners on ICT
- Identifying Capacity development interventions of public and private partners in the field of digitalization
- Contributing to the M&E and knowledge management of EcoEmploi
The Advisor’s tasks will include:
- Coordinating & managing program activities to support EcoEmploi initiative
- Managing the development, implementation and following up of the EcoEmploi activities in line with their ICT sector activities
- Linking ICT sector activities with other sectors such as Wood and Transportation to achieve cross sectors digitalization effects
- Supporting sector digitalization clusters to identify strong private sector champions for success
- Participating on concepts development and ensuring needed adjustments for implementation of activities related to Private Sector digitalization
- Supporting development strategy of partners on ICT and assuring implementation of measures in selected sectors
- Assessing capacity needs for Partners from the public and private sectors of ICT and Identify programs to capacitate partners through training, coaching and exchange programs
- Participating in the development of Program Operational plan (action plan and timeline)
- Preparing documentation needed for the GIZ contribution to the sector working group
- Analyzing documents and providing advice to guiding strategic papers
- Representing EcoEmploi in ICT relevant meetings e.g. Sector working group meeting
C. Required qualifications
- Masters or Bachelors’ degree in Economics or an area that is related to ICT/Tech
- At least 5 years’ professional experience, of which 3 years in a comparable position and proven work experience in an ICT/Tech environment and Project Management
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of the Rwandan ICT Sector
- A proven track record in a similar position with maturity and confidence in dealing with the government institutions and private sector
- Good knowledge in the field of international cooperation
- Very good advisory skills and very good knowledge of project management
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and facility in document writing
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Strong commitment to teamwork and to working across disciplines
- Creative, flexible, well organized and highly motivated with intercultural skills to work in an international team
D. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Please send your application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until the latest 3rd August 2018 at 4:00 p.m., by e-mail to [email protected]. The email attachment should be in one PDF file and may not fill more than 2MB. Please quote the job title in the subject.
Women and people with disability are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
41, KN St 17
P.O Box 59
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!