Job at District de Kamonyi : Project officer (Deadline: 08 May 2017)
CONSEIL CONSULTATIF DES FEMMES
DISTRICT DE KAMONYI
B.P. 01 MUHANGA TEL : 0788492119/0788480161
E-mail: [email protected]
In partnership with OXFAM, COCOF plans to implement a project called “Pineapple Value Chain Project” in the Kamonyi and Muhanga districts with aim of achieving the following objectives:
- Increase the volume and quality of pineapples produced by 200 smallholder women farmers through the adoption of organic farming
- Improve access to high value pineapple markets for 200 smallholder women farmers
- Enable 200 smallholder women farmers to be more active in cooperative management and leadership, increasing their participation in communities and enhancing gender equality.
In order to achieve these objectives properly, COCOF is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of “Project officer“. Under the supervision of COCOF Coordinator, the project officer will undertake the following responsibilities:
1. Major responsibilities
- Be responsible to support day-to-day the management of the project in Kamonyi and Muhanga districts to ensure its effective, efficient and cost-sensitive management ;
- Support smallholder farmers to practice and improve their pineapple value chain organic farming in order to increase pineapple production and improve its quality ;
- Link smallholder farmers to the pineapple market;
- Support smallholder farmers to be grouped into cooperatives in order to better defend their interests;
- Ensure that all resources for the project implementation are adequately managed and used for the purpose they are meant to;
- Ensure that the project operation budget lines assigned are adequately monitored and that the expenditures conform to planned activities;
- Conduct regular monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project progress to COCOF and other project stakeholders;
- Ensure regular data collection on project activities using monitoring tools;
- Collaborate with key partners of the project at the district and sector levels;
- Represent the project on different workshops and other events within the project coverage area;
- Ensure that quality, monthly, quarterly and other reports are developed and submitted in accordance with agreed schedules.
2. Desired competencies, qualifications and experience
Bachelor’s degree in crop production with specialization in agri-business;
At least three (3) years of experience working with farmer cooperatives or community groups, local government and non-governmental organizations;
- Skills and experience in project/program implementation, monitoring, review and evaluation;
- Project management experience with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels;
- Solid experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting;
- Experience of working with partners in a participatory approach;
- Ability to produce a high quality report;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and a good working knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French;
- Computer literate.
3. Expression of interest and application
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents and other certificates; and three reference persons including the last employer. The applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of COCOF and delivered to COCOF office by close of business day 8th May 2017. The COCOF head office is located at Musambira in Kamonyi district.
I. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
2. Applications online will not be considered.
Musambira, 26th April 2017
Chairperson and Legal Representative of COCOF