Job at East African Community : Human Resources Officer (Deadline: 21 July 2017)
Human Resources Officer
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, , Republic of South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
To implement EAC’s HR policies that select, develop and retain the right staff needed to meet EAC’s Objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with departments, increasingly in assisting line managers understand and implement the EAC HR policies and procedures;
- Providing assistance in hiring process activities such as preparation of vacancy announcements , advertising or posting , check application forms, coordinate the short listing process and prepare documentation for interview processes;
- Coordinate the activities related to employee safety, wellness, health and welfare services;
- Update and maintain database relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications , staff skills and establishment ;
- Assist in implementation of employee induction activities, Staff training and development;
- Keep track of changes in salaries and benefits and prepare paperwork needed for monthly payroll and maintain records relating to staff leave and other benefits including processing of leave, home leave passage, education allowances, gratuity, advances, overtime for General Staff, etc;
- Initiate and enter staff records into the HRMIS (INSPIRO) ;
- Produce monthly staffing status reports for the EAC ;
- Perform any other duties as may be required by management.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent.
Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in a busy HR Office.
Skills and Competencies:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, good analytical skills, Communication skills, Writing Skills, Editorial skills, Public Relations skills, proficiency in the use of Computers, people management skills, management of diversity, planning skills, supervisory skills, research skills, networking skills. Knowledge in the use of a computerized Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) will be an added advantage.
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21 July 2017.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
Friday, 21 July 2017 – 5:00pm