Job at East African Community : Principal Human Resource Officer (Deadline: 21 July 2017)
Principal Human Resource Officer
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, , Republic of South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
Organ / Institution: The Secretariat
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Job reports to: Director, Human Resources and Administration
To initiate, formulate and manage Human Resource Management and Development policies and strategies that will enable the Community to attract, develop and retain high quality human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, formulate and manage human resource management and development Policies and Strategies for the Community;
- Design and maintain internal administrative and staff performance appraisal and monitoring systems;
- In liaison with the relevant officers, draw up Terms of Reference and Job Descriptions for Community jobs;
- Advise on the enforcement of Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Coordinate periodic staff performance appraisal/evaluation exercises;
- In liaison with the Planning Directorate, monitor Staff Performance Contracts;
- Coordinate the selection and recruitment of staff in accordance with the established rules, procedures and practices;
- Manage recruitment and placement standards, procedures, and practices;
- Handle matters relating to terms and conditions of service in conformity with the established Rules and Regulations;
- In liaison with the Finance Directorate, direct payroll management;
- Initiate budget proposals for the HR Department;
- Prepare progress reports and follow up on the implementation of Council decisions; and
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Community.
Qualifications and Experience:
A Masters Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration and Management, Business Administration, Law or a related field.
At least 10 years of relevant experience in HR management, development and administration with 5 years at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
Analytical skills, administrative skills, organization skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, negotiation skills, team building skills, networking skills, result oriented skills, supervisory skills, management skills, leadership skills, research skills, good computer skills, meeting tight deadlines, ability to work under minimum supervision, innovativeness, problem-solving, performance management, working in a multi-cultural environment and managing diversity.
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21 July 2017.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
Friday, 21 July 2017 – 5:00pm