Job at East African University Rwanda (EAUR) : 2 Positions for Lecturer Journalism and Mass Communication (Deadline: 30 June 2018)
East African University Rwanda (EAUR) is a Private University accredited by the cabinet decision of 20/03/2015 working in Rwanda, Nyagatare District since 2015. It offers different programs in Business Studies, Leisure, Hotel & Tourism Management, Film Making and Film Production, Industrial Art & Design, Education (both Sciences & Arts) and Mass Communication & Journalism. As we continue to expand and grow, EAUR seeks to recruit competent and qualified staff to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: Lecturer Journalism and Mass Communication
Duties and Responsibilities:
Among the numerous duties and responsibilities of the applicant position, shall be required to undertake day today teaching roles but not limited to the following;
- To develop and prepare course outline, teaching material and deliver lectures and practical classes.
- Assess student assignments/course works and assessment of their progress in order to review and improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- To supervise lab as well as workshops exercises for students.
- Actively participate in research and service to the community.
- In this role, the applicant would teach a variety of modules within the journalism track with an emphasis on multimedia journalism and production, news writing, copy, editing and proofreading, new media and publishing, media writing, media law, media history, introduction to mass communication, online journalism, multi-platform reporting, media technology, journalism education, data journalism/data visualization, and others modules relevant to the department. The applicant should be familiar with Associated Press guidelines and media ethics
- Manages and monitors daily operations of all broadcast and digital streams;
- Develops and documents procedures for training in software/hardware use, studio operations and other procedures necessary to all broadcast and streaming functions;
- PhD or Masters in Journalism or a related field required.
- Two years teaching at the University or College level required and work experience in the media industry, expertise in teaching a variety of communication is an added advantage.
No of positions: 2
Interested candidates with career aspirations that match these opportunities should submit the following documents at the Reception of East African University Rwanda (EAUR) not later than 30th June 2018 at 5:00 pm or/and sent soft copy to email@example.com
- Application letter (including daytime telephone, a working email address,
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Degrees and/or certificates and transcripts
- Copy of Identity card or passport
Note: EAUR is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Done at Nyagatare
On 10th May 2018
Prof. Joseph Gahama