Job at East African University Rwanda (EAUR) : Lecturer or Assistant Lecturer in- Scriptwriting and Directing (Deadline: 30 June 2018)
East African University Rwanda (EAUR) is a Private University accredited by the cabinet decision of 20/03/2015 working in Rwanda, Nyagatare District since 2015. It offers different programs in Business Studies, Leisure, Hotel & Tourism Management, Film Making and Film Production, Industrial Art & Design, Education (both Sciences & Arts) and Mass Communication & Journalism. As we continue to expand and grow, EAUR seeks to recruit competent and qualified staff to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: Lecturer or Assistant Lecturer in- Scriptwriting and Directing
Department: Film and film production
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach and support Film & Documentary programme and to contribute to ongoing programme development, industry engagement and research opportunities in the film school.
- Providing academic input on existing and new courses and course development;
- Actively participate in activities necessary to the development of Film school
- Having a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Cinema and audiovisual specialized in scriptwriting and directing.
- Excellent skills in Scriptwriting and Directing both documentary and fiction
- Must be talented in writing scripts for any of the following or a combination of films, sitcoms, television dramas, radio plays, cartoons, TV adverts, musicals etc
- Work experience in film industry as writer or/and director 2-5 years & worked at least on two productions (international production
- Creativity & Initiative
No of positions: 1
Interested candidates with career aspirations that match these opportunities should submit the following documents at the Reception of East African University Rwanda (EAUR) not later than 30th June 2018 at 5:00 pm or/and sent soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application letter (including daytime telephone, a working email address,
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Degrees and/or certificates and transcripts
- Copy of Identity card or passport
Note: EAUR is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Done at Nyagatare
On 10th May 2018
Prof. Joseph Gahama