Job at Education Development Trust: Assistant to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (Deadline: 08 December 2017)
The Building Learning Foundations Programme (BLF) is funded by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development. The BLF, which will run up to March 2021, aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership in all of Rwanda’s government primary schools. The BLF is being implemented across all thirty Districts and will benefit 2,494 schools and 24,940 English and Mathematics teachers. The Programme is being managed by a consortium of three internationally recognised leaders in the education sector, i.e. the Education Development Trust, the British Council and VSO.
Education Development Trust is looking for qualified and suitable person for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant to support BLF programme.
- Assist the MEL Manager and programme staff to report the programme results as per its log frame
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data in accordance with the programme MEL framework
- Ensure data quality and integrity by periodically conducting field visits and spot checks to verify data and investigate any data anomalies.
- Support in planning and implementation of programme evaluation activities
- Assist in maintaining and updating the programme database by inputting data reported by programme field staff.
- Support the MEL Manager to conduct periodic training in monitoring and evaluation for programme staff
- Assist in collating and analysing programme data to timely demonstrate programme progress; and produce contractual reports, including quarterly and annual reports.
- Identify and track reliable secondary (external) sources of data as needed.
- Assist the MEL Manager to collect and disseminate lessons learned and best practices to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate through learning sessions;
- Work closely with other programme staff to arrange the logistics for MEL activities
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in applied statistics, Education or related field
- Professional training in monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage
- Good command of written and oral English.
- Minimum two years in monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Experience in the NGO setting is an added advantage
- Experience working on M&E for donor funded programme is highly required
- Proven strong experience in data collection, statistical analysis skills, using either / both quantitative and qualitative research methods, and dissemination of results required
- Experience in training and mentoring staff on MEL aspects will be an added advantage
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Ability to liaise with line manager to ensure the effective management of workload
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and ability to manage tasks with precise deadlines.
- Ability to work in team setting required
- Ability to prioritise workload and deal with multiple requests and work activities at any given time.
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including three referees and the expected salary to [email protected] with the subject line of the name of the post applied for.
Applications must be received on or before 8th December 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note that the recruitment for this position will depend on the availability of funds.
Education Development Trust and its consortium partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.