Job at Energy Private Developer : Chief Executive Officer, CEO (Deadline: 13 June 2018)
EPD intends to recruit a qualified and competent candidate to fill the position of CEO (Chief Executive Officer) on permanent basis.
Energy Private Developer’s association is a registered professional association in Rwanda, regrouping private companies operating in energy sector. It is one of the 5 associations composing the Chamber of Industry under the Private Sector Federation (PSF) of Rwanda. EPD focuses on advocacy of its members, encouraging collaboration and partnership for development of energy sector in Rwanda. The statutes and articles of Energy Private Developers’ association have been published in Official Gazette of Rwanda, No 41 of 13/10/2014. Website: www.epdrwanda.com
Chief Executive Officer, CEO
The CEO shall:
- Manage the business and affairs of EPD within the guidelines established by the Executive Committee;
- Spearhead the development of strategies and recommend them to the Executive Committee of EPD
- Develop and recommend to the Executive Committee; business plans, operational requirements, organizational structure, staffing and budgets that support such strategies;
- Implement the strategies after Executive Committee approval and reports to the Chairman of EPD in a timely manner on deviations of such strategies from the parameters established by the Executive Committee;
- Direct and monitor the activities and resources of EPD in accordance with the strategic direction, financial limits and operating objectives as adopted by the Executive Committee;
- Meet with the Non- Executive Committee on a regular basis to ensure that the responsibilities of the CEO are being fully complied with and make sure that the Executive Committee is being provided with information necessary so as to fulfill their responsibilities and statutory obligations;
- Serve as the external spokesperson for EPD, including managing relations effectively with stakeholders such as EPD members, investors, strategic partners, creditors, customers, suppliers, the media, governments and the public generally;
- Other related duties that may be requested by the Executive Committee.
Job Specification (Requirements)
- To be Rwandan;
- To hold a Masters degree;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in Rwanda;
- Strong networking and negotiation skills;
- Able to get things done with limited direct executive authority;
- Able to win the respect of private sector and government stakeholders;
- Able to manage relationships effectively with international funding agencies;
- Clear understanding of and interest in a) associations and b) market building;
- Knowledge of energy principles and procurement procedures;
- Not from an existing off grid energy enterprise – seen as neutral by EPD members (could come from doing similar work in another sector);
- Demonstrable track record in management, developing strategies and delivering implementation plans within budgets and timelines;
- Strong business acumen;
- Creative and entrepreneurial
All interested applicants will submit their application documents including motivation letter, CV, academic credentials as well as any experience related certificates via email and in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will be conducted later to the successful candidates.
Please title the email in the Subject field as “EPD CEO Recruitment”.
Done at Kigali on 7th June 2018
Dr. Ivan Twagirashema
Chairman of EPD